2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyar sick of them taking our young talent.
Who have they ever taken who's done well for them or improved after leaving us though? The only person who did well was Lescott and that wasn't because he got better it was because a poor player like him can say he won the prem twice! If were gonna lose Ross it might as well be to City, they'll destroy the lads career.

Who have they ever taken who's done well for them or improved after leaving us though? The only person who did well was Lescott and that wasn't because he got better it was because a poor player like him can say he won the prem twice! If were gonna lose Ross it might as well be to City, they'll destroy the lads career.

Not overly arsed at what they do after leaving us. Just it's us losing a young talent - again.

It wouldnt make me fall off my seat if he stays.

Not exactly a rush to the door is there?

That said, late move to a West Ham/Newcastle/WBA wouldnt surprise me neither. Be dead sad if that happened.

Not overly arsed at what they do after leaving us. Just it's us losing a young talent - again.
But the fact that most of them crash an burn after leaving us is the proof we need that most of them aren't really that talented. We got real young tallent in our squad that I'd be gutted to lose. Ross? I'm not even remotely arsed. He's overrated and will be found out first season away from us. Besides, at 23 he's not really a youngster anymore and still hasn't reached this mythical potential people talk about.

It wouldnt make me fall off my seat if he stays.

Not exactly a rush to the door is there?

That said, late move to a West Ham/Newcastle/WBA wouldnt surprise me neither. Be dead sad if that happened.

Go to one of those clubs? That's a booin'.

But the fact that most of them crash an burn after leaving us is the proof we need that most of them aren't really that talented. We got real young tallent in our squad that I'd be gutted to lose. Ross? I'm not even remotely arsed. He's overrated and will be found out first season away from us. Besides, at 23 he's not really a youngster anymore and still hasn't reached this mythical potential people talk about.

It's not really proof though mate. Sometimes it works out for players at different clubs, sometimes it doesn't. See: Lukaku at West Brom/Everton, Lukaku at Chelsea.

Go to one of those clubs? That's a booin'.
i
Well yeah, but if a "big" club was in for him, it would have been done by now. Other than as a low cost bench warmer.

Its the most weird non transfer ever. His agent needs shooting for the advice he has given the lad.

That said, maybe some of the talk about off field grief has some mileage.

If nobody will pay what we want then don't sell, simple as that. Its worth the loss to make a statement to the world that Everton won't be held to ransom and if you want to buy our players either pony up or push off. If nobody comes in for Ross he's got two options here, he can make the best out of the situation and sign a new deal then play for himself if he can't play for the club and get himself the move he wants (id rather he rethinks and stays to improve but I think that unlikely) or he can act like a kid and hurt himself and be relegated to the kids and made to bench warm for them.

i
Well yeah, but if a "big" club was in for him, it would have been done by now. Other than as a low cost bench warmer.

Its the most weird non transfer ever. His agent needs shooting for the advice he has given the lad.

That said, maybe some of the talk about off field grief has some mileage.

Aye, probably been ill-advised by his agent. But he's still a grown-ass man. So wouldn't excuse him of the blame.

And that's the first I've heard about grief issues tbh.

It's not really proof though mate. Sometimes it works out for players at different clubs, sometimes it doesn't. See: Lukaku at West Brom/Everton, Lukaku at Chelsea.
Surely that was more down Lukaku not being give a real chance at Chelsea though. Most people could see that lad had skill (How much was debatable at the time) and had been misused rather then played badly. Apart from Rooney, no young player I can think of since the inception of the prem has left here and gone on to better things. Maybe I'm missing somebody but I can't think of anyone bar Rooney.

Surely that was more down Lukaku not being give a real chance at Chelsea though. Most people could see that lad had skill (How much was debatable at the time) and had been misused rather then played badly. Apart from Rooney, no young player I can think of since the inception of the prem has left here and gone on to better things. Maybe I'm missing somebody but I can't think of anyone bar Rooney.

See: Forlan at United, Forlan at everywhere else - might have been a better example.

Think Stones will come good eventually. There aren't that many examples to choose from anyway tbf. Jeffers, Rodwell, Gosling, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.