2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the wages will go up proportionally to any increase in turnover. Our wage structure is out in the open for anybody to see and has been for years, it remains where it has done since Levy took over roughly 50% of turnover like all well run clubs.

When our match-day revenue and turnover goes up so will the wages. Levy runs the club like a company he won't be pressured by players or the English media into changing it.

To be honest our wage bill is the 11th largest in Europe, the attack on our wage structure has been idiotic to be honest. We don't even underpay.
You do for Kane and Eriksen. And you are starting to be a mainstay in Europe. And are in London.

Not really. They could get more by going to United or something but that's because they ridiculously overpay. Jesse Lingard earns more than Isco, Luke Shaw earns more than Marcelo.

So yeh it really depends how you look at it.
EVERYBODY you are around would/could double their salaries without blinking.

like I said, have a bit of a soft spot for you lot but Levy is absolutely terrible for your club at this juncture.

like I said, have a bit of a soft spot for you lot but Levy is absolutely terrible for your club at this juncture.
Not everybody at all. Everton couldn't afford to pay them more, or if they could it would only be by having an unfair wage structure where 1 player earns way more than everybody else.

The whole situation is very simple maths so I really can't undestand where you are coming from. Levy can't pull money off trees, he pays them the same proportion of turnover he has always paid the players and it's directly linked to how much money Tottenham get.

What would your idea be? To make it 80% of the clubs turnover and run the club into the ground like Leeds or Portsmouth?

Not everybody at all. Everton couldn't afford to pay them more, or if they could it would only be by having an unfair wage structure where 1 players earns way more than everybody else.

The whole situation is very simple maths so I really can't undestand where you are coming from. Levy can't pull money off trees, he pays them the same proportion of turnover he has always paid the players and it's directly linked to how much money Tottenham get.

What would your idea be? To make it 80% of the clubs turnover and run the club into the ground like Leeds or Portsmouth?
City, Chelsea, Arsenal, United and probably Liverpool could double their salary and not even blink. Thats literally my point of "EVERYBODY around you". We aren't...yet.../hopefully..

How's Walker for an example? Or Danny Rose throwing a strop?

City, Chelsea, Arsenal, United and probably Liverpool could double their salary and not even blink. Thats literally my point of "EVERYBODY around you". We aren't...yet.../hopefully..

How's Walker for an example?
Yes because they all earn more money than us, without getting larger revenue we obviously can't match their wages. The stadium allows us to get closer to them.

So are you suggesting Levy should just pay City/United/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal sized wages without having the money infrastructure to actually do it?

Those clubs literally earn nearly double what we do, and nearly 3 times what Everton does. It's not a feasible plan at all to blindly match them.

Yes because they all earn more money than us, without getting larger revenue we obviously can't match their wages. The stadium allows us to get closer to them.

So are you suggesting Levy should just pay City/United/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal sized wages without having the money infrastructure to actually do it?

Those clubs literally earn nearly double what we do, and nearly 3 times what Everton does. It's not a feasible plan at all to blindly match them.
You keep going back to Everton. Never said we were on that level. Your window is absolutely limited. (IMO) you have until next year before your squad is poached if it doesn't increase.

I can see where you are coming from, City have the owners bank roll and Liverpool and United have the global brand turn over to pay silly wages, but even thou Spurs are competing on the field in the same ball park as those sides, and have some top players that could walk into them, the club still isnt making the same kind of money they are, so cant pay those wages.
If you can get a run of top 4 finishes over a number of years, and maybe win something, and when the new ground is open, then maybe, but for now he is playing it safe.

You keep going back to Everton. Never said we were on that level. Your window is absolutely limited. (IMO) you have until next year before your squad is poached if it doesn't increase.
It will increase with the added matchday revenue from the stadium. It should be roughly an extra £50m per year alone which gets us closer in revenue to those clubs but we will still be behind.

For either of our clubs to actually catch up to the amount of money those clubs are earning is a really long term thing. We need long term success.

If our 3rd and 2nd places finishes from the last couple of years had actually been title wins that's the type of thing that could take us over the edge and make real ground on those clubs... but it's way easier said than done.

Tbh I like spurs model. Bring through/buy a lot of young talent and develop them into first team players. That model is sustainable to a point. Now they have the increased success in being In the champions league they're in a difficult position where players heads can get turned easily, they know they're capable of playing at that level and if spurs don't qualify for cl next season it wouldn't be a big surprise to start hearing noises from kane, Ali etc about moving on.

On the other hand I like the fact they don't go out and spunk tonnes of money and wages on players and it seems to help their players develop an affinity with the club. They have to be close to their ceiling though at the moment, unless they do start paying bigger wages, transfer fees etc its going to be difficult for them to stay where they are when you consider other teams around them can pluck players out if they want and seem to have infinite piles of money for squad development. Walker being a good example.

Hopefully they don't end up in a similar situation as arsenal did while they were building the emirates as its good to see them challenging the status quo and gives us hope we can emulate them.

It will increase with the added matchday revenue from the stadium. It should be roughly an extra £50m per year alone which gets us closer in revenue to those clubs but we will still be behind.

For either of our clubs to actually catch up to the amount of money those clubs are earning is a really long term thing. We need long term success.

If our 3rd and 2nd places finishes from the last couple of years had actually been title wins that's the type of thing that could take us over the edge and make real ground on those clubs... but it's way easier said than done.
Do you not see the flaw in that logic? There are 4 champions league spots and like 6-7 teams. All spend insane amounts to make the champions league.

I'd MUCH rather you lot be a stalwart of the league in that top 4 than just about anyone else. You just are pretty precariously perched.

Do you not see the flaw in that logic? There are 4 champions league spots and like 6-7 teams. All spend insane amounts to make the champions league.

Well no that's not true we are proof that you don't need to spend insane amounts to catch them. You just need to spend smart and have a coach willing to develop players. Our first team cost less than Lukaku.

Well no that's not true we are proof that you don't need to spend insane amounts to catch them. You just need to spend smart and have a coach willing to develop players. Our first team cost less than Lukaku.
DaveK would hate this arguement. You sold Bale and "replaced" with 4-5 players(on a side note, wtf((!)) is with PAULINHO going to Barca!), we;ve done the same. FOR THE MOST PART your replacements were mostly pants.

Still think you think I am arguing against Spurs, I'm just being pragmatic with the future.

DaveK would hate this arguement. You sold Bale and "replaced" with 4-5 players(on a side note, wtf((!)) is with PAULINHO going to Barca!), we;ve done the same. FOR THE MOST PART your replacements were mostly pants.

Still think you think I am arguing against Spurs, I'm just being pragmatic with the future.
I don't think you are arguing against Spurs, I think you are arguing against Levy.

I mostly disagree with arguments against Levy because it really just comes down to the maths of the situation from the official accounts which I take a look at every year. We earn a certain amount per year and it's significantly less than those other 5 clubs and the only thing we can do about it is what we are currently doing.

Also I would say that one of those players we bought with the Bale money was Eriksen who in todays market is probably worth close to what we sold Bale for so it's ended up not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.