2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting question, I would have to say no. But only because he didnt sign the contract, for that reason there is no point in him being here, and the sooner he has gone the better. All summer we have tried to get ready for this season and he is the only player that is causing us problems. The targets, well apart from Siggy, all came without problems, Lukaku found a new club right away, but Ross is doing nothing either way apart from give the manager an issue we really dont need.
Aside from the contract his ability I dont think is good enough now, it was ok when pushing for 7th but if we want to move onto the next level he wont cut it. Of course if he had done the right thing by the fans and signed the only question would be how much game time does he get, not if he is staying.

Interesting answer.
To paraphrase, "we've bought our targets apart from the replacement for Ross", "the replacement for Ross will cost £50m, even though Ross is crap".
Well OK, that's football.

Interesting answer.
To paraphrase, "we've bought our targets apart from the replacement for Ross", "the replacement for Ross will cost £50m, even though Ross is crap".
Well OK, that's football.

Siggy isnt a replacement for Ross, Ross cant be replaced as such because he is still here. Siggy is just a top target, a player much better then anything we have on the creative side, we need to replace Lukakus goals, we cant replace Rom but we need to replace his goals across the team, and Siggy is a player who can help us do that

Siggy isnt a replacement for Ross, Ross cant be replaced as such because he is still here. Siggy is just a top target, a player much better then anything we have on the creative side, we need to replace Lukakus goals, we cant replace Rom but we need to replace his goals across the team, and Siggy is a player who can help us do that

If the player you want to help reduce the burden, of replacing Roms goals, is a problem signing. Doesn't that obviously mean Ross isn't the only problem for Ronk?
You are allowed to admit you're wrong you know.

The problem is he wants higher wages, and no one is willing to offer them to him.

Especially when the top 6 have probably a better no. 10 then Barkley anyway.

Barkley probably wants to capitalise on his value, but I think he is moving a year or two too late. I think the Prem has seen enough of his game now to know if he'll get better or if he'll just be more of the same.

The 'connected with Everton' bit, does that include 'supporters'?
If it does, what do you think @Tel001 or @4737carlin , do you want him to stay?
You obviously didn't read the rest of the post though. Would said posters really of wanted him to go prior to this nonsense. Ross has left me annoyed to the point we're I don't care of he goes now but hardly anyone (I've yet to encounter anyone but maybe there's one or two about) really wanted to see him leave before he started all this.

He didn't though. He only proved my original point further, look at what he's typed. He wants Ross gone NOW because of how he's treated the club since this whole episode began.

Even though you emboldened, put it in caps and underlined it he didn't specify 'now', he just ranted.

Hes still on our books as yet been injured if he was match fit today I would play him!
Untitled-14.png

If we tried to sign Siggy in Jan then
Koeman plannned to have them both in the same team.
They'd play great together. Sit them both behind a proper target man, Siggy on the left, Ross on the right. If we sign him, that's how we will play I would think more often than not. Just Rooney on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.