2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The simple fact is that Koeman doesn't fancy him. We've all heard the stories (from the England camp for example) of him being a bit of a dope that can't understand instructions and who acts on instinct. If this is true, Koeman will have well picked up on it and prefers a player that can take instructions and work to a plan - someone like Davy Klaasen, who has a sharp footballing brain and technique - exactly what youl would expect coming through the youth system at Ajax - and that's fine in my eyes. As long as we win games I'm good with that.

I don't hope he breaks a log or anything, but my instinct here is that he will be more like a Rodwell or Jeffers rather than a Rooney.
Klaassen > Barkley.

'kin ell.

I wonder how many of the ones slating Barkley now are the same ones greeting Rooney with open arms

Rooney was a 18yo kid, Barkley is 24 mate, so well capable of realising what his decision means.

Club also needed to sell Rooney and actively encouraged it truth be told, the club offered Ross what would have been the biggest contract we've ever given a player.

Absolutely no comparison

How can anyone see it differently?

Too many people think that those in charge are correct. They usually aren't.

If I would have had my way, AVB would have been in charge. We'd be in the Champions League and Ross would have gotten 10 minimum last season. All of this would have been averted.

Did he ever make a difference in a game that truly mattered and had a weight of importance on it mate?
Cup games from the QF on for example, games when it was in our hands for top 4 a few years ago, derby games excpet for the very first one he played in, he's gone missing at worst and been irrelevant in those games at best.
a cracking individual goal against a absolutely terrible Newcastle side, bending one in the top bin against City the same season (when most blues wanted us to lose), hardly the stuff of legend like. Martinez you could argue initially allowed Ross to shine at the detriment overall of the actual team, no top manager does that, when he had to knuckle down he quit basically -
What utter BS.

Barkley played his best football as part of an attacking unit. Lukaku-Mirallas-Barkley were as potent a front running three as we've seen at this club since we had Kanchelskis-Limpar-Stuart in the same line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.