Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Barkleys injury and subsequent delay in any transfer deal is behind the Sigurdsson deal going quiet :(

Nothing to do with it supposedly mate.

Just discussions are ongoing over the fee. Gylfi wants to join us by all accounts.

I reckon that deal will pick up again heading into next week.

You must speak for yourself mate. In my opinion you could describe all football fans "bitter" to sone degree. We're no worse then most and less so then a huge number of club's including our oh so adorable neighbours.

I'm not disagreeing with that at all.

I just don't like this revisionism that seems to spread around.

I'm mad at the Ross situation but it is what it is.

I've fallen into the trap at times of judging things too quickly but taking a step back, we're just going to have to wait and see what happens.

People saying the fact he genuinely has a groin injury has changed their mind and they think he will stay now...

Does it affect his ability to hold a pen and sign a new contract? The only thing that's changed is instead of leaving now, he'll be leaving on deadline day.

He's gone. The contract would've been signed by now. No doubt about it. Just hope we can get him shipped out sooner rather than have the headache of him hanging around until Jan and his price dropping dramatically.

Ross is not in a very strong position..although it may not seem that way.
I don't think Spurs will come close to paying what Everton are looking for and the best hope for a transfer is interest from other clubs pushing up the price... we may actually appreciate interest from clubs like West Ham and Stoke for once. I don't think Everton will sell at a knock down price to anyone.

If Ross is still with us after the window closes then he has a real problem . I think RK is planning his team around Ross leaving the club and will leave Ross rot in the reserves for the season, which would be a disaster for his career. It would mean missing out on a full season and his international career disappearing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.