Not open for further replies.
The plot line here would be....
Club offers contract...
Player doesn't sign contract.....
Club says sign or be sold....
Player doesn't sign contract
Club lays down deadline...
Player doesn't sign contract....
Then nothing happens for a long long time...

Gotta be honest I didn't actually think he had a bad groin. thought it was cover. I'm genuinely optimistic he'll stay now. Don't count me as one who wants to see the back of him. He's just entering his prime years. Instead of Stones Rom and Gerry he'll have Rooney Klaassen and others to work with and learn from. In no way should we be wishing for actual blues with actual talent to leave our club at the age of 24. That's madness.

Gotta be honest I didn't actually think he had a bad groin. thought it was cover. I'm genuinely optimistic he'll stay now. Don't count me as one who wants to see the back of him. He's just entering his prime years. Instead of Stones Rom and Gerry he'll have Rooney Klaassen and others to work with and learn from. In no way should we be wishing for actual blues with actual talent to leave our club at the age of 24. That's madness.
Hoping you're right !;)

All this means is it's going to drag on until deadline day because he won't pass a medical until he's fit!!

I'd feel the same way had his people not come out and said he's furious and absolutely does not want to be their top earner, which basically means he wants to go there without directly saying it.

Just get rid.

What I don't understand, is why people think he should be on the same as Lallana. When Lallana is much better than him.

Barkley: 74 apps, 13 goals & 17 assists. 17.5% goal ratio & 23% assist ratio
Lallana: 61 apps, 12 goals & 13 assists. 19.5% goal ratio & 21.5% assist ratio

Sure, 13 apps less puts this in favour of Lallana. But it's not like he is much better, and Barkley is 6 years younger.

Barkley is also taller, faster & stronger, better defensively, better at heading, an extra body in the box.

Lallana is more both footed, better at crossing, passing & shooting. Barkley still matches his numbers and will only improve from this point on.

Also people saying Gylfi has hit his "ceiling", if he's hitting them numbers whilst playing for teams managed by Gary Monk and Neil Clement. I would wager he would get even more productive playing for a much better team with movement around him.

This is very true.

For an example, Sigurdsson did not score a single goal with his right foot in open play last season.

He has averaged 3-7 goals per season on his right foot in open play, but was incorrectly used on the left wing and averaged only 27 passes per match. Compared to his normal average of 37 passes per match in previous seasons.

Another example, Sigurdsson only registered 6 assists in 55 appearances between January 2015 & May 2016. That's an 11% assist ratio, compared to his normal 26% assist ratio of 32 assists in 124 appearances for Swansea.

If you remove that horrible dry-spell, which was the result of Swansea selling Wilfried Bony and not replacing him. Sigurdsson's average assist ratio goes up to 37.5%, 26 assists in 69 appearances.

Barkley is overweight and nowhere near as good as he should be, he's easily replaceable.

You don't sit in the Park End, do you?

Every time Barkley loses the ball, the bloke that sits directly behind me shouts something along the lines of: "Larda**e has lost the bloody ball again! Get off the pies Barkley!"

Status
Not open for further replies.