If he stays this summer, he'll still be part of the squad and the offer for a new deal will still be on the table.This situation is an absolute mess now with the injury. We have an injured player, who doesn't want to be here. Who is happy to run his contract down to get out on the cheap. Who we now have no prospect of getting even a half decent fee for. Because we cant even sell him. Complete mess.
He is injured thoughIf no one gives us £30 million come deadline day let him rot in the reserves for a full season.
Lads taking us for a ride atm. Boyhood Blue my ass! You could atleast understand Rooney leaving us when he did, Ross is going to sit on bloody Tottenhams bench when his boyhood club is on the up.
Im thinking the lack of a signed contract that has been on the table for 6 weeks+ is a pretty decent shred of evidence.A lot of blame to be shared in this whole mess:
1) Ross Barkley - Could have signed earlier but chose not to for whatever his reasons. Hasn't helped his cause.
2) His agent - Surely Ross is being poorly advised here (in our eyes) which could end up not helping his client for the long haul.
3) Ronald Koeman - Hasn't treated Ross as well as I would have liked. I'm not saying coddle him but geez...shades of Niasse here, minus the locker. One of the main goals of a manager is to instill confidence in your players. Koeman isn't doing that here.
4) The club - No news, none at all. Radio silence. Now, should they be giving us daily updates? Not necessarily but something would be good to put rest to some of the rampant speculation.
5) The fans - If Ross was wanting to stay, I'd advise him to swerve some of the fan forums such as this one, or Twitter. I'm seeing him take more stick than I think he deserves. Lukaku shouted from the top of his lungs he wanted out and got his way. To my knowledge, there is not one shred of evidence that Ross has said he wants to leave Everton, the club he's supported since who knows when. Yet the many of the supporters have said that they haven't cared whether he's left or not. I find that staggering to be honest. He's a good player. World beater? No. But we need all the help we can get if we're to push on towards top 4 and Europa. Getting rid of players like Ross, who can boss a game on his day, isn't the way to go.
Nah not sure he deserves to remain in the squad. Sets a very poor example for any kid coming through our academy.If he stays this summer, he'll still be part of the squad and the offer for a new deal will still be on the table.
Spot on, lads going to cost us £30-40 million in a transfer fee for his own financial gain leaving on a free. Stick him in the reserves and let the lad lose a season of game time and give the likes of Davies and Dowell who want to play for the shirtNah not sure he deserves to remain in the squad. Sets a very poor example for any kid coming through our academy.
If he's adamant he wants to run his contract down and leave for free then he shouldn't set his arse on a bench all season let alone a foot on the pitch.
Then either the agent has advised him against signing it or Ross (like any other player) feels he's worth more than what they're offering. Perhaps he's wanting more. Perhaps the club isn't willing to pay him more and was going to sell him regardless. Again....a big effin mess.Im thinking the lack of a signed contract that has been on the table for 6 weeks+ is a pretty decent shred of evidence.
The fans will know when the time is right, either way.The lad could easily pipe up and tell the fans what's going on, he doesn't need his groin to sign a new deal or give an interview etc it's obvious he wants out and he's going to make us take a big hit financially for his own £££ gain.
Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)
We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.