Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah not sure he deserves to remain in the squad. Sets a very poor example for any kid coming through our academy.

If he's adamant he wants to run his contract down and leave for free then he shouldn't set his arse on a bench all season let alone a foot on the pitch.

And Lukaku, mouthing off every international break, didn't set a bad example?

He's a good player. If he's here and fit come September he'll be in the squad.

He's made a big mistake today. Denying that he wanted £150,000 per week has given the big payers of Utd and Chelsea the nod that they can get him for less, when I'm sure they would have offered far more......amateur night......

Can you imagine when he comes back to Goodison?

I mean , if he can't handle fans booing at bobby... how is he going to deal with nearly Rooney levels of booing lol

he'll try kissing the badge, turn to the wrong side, back again, run into the collar, misplace the kiss and score a screamer of a kiss on someone elses shirt ;) you heard it here first!

Fingers crossed the surgery went well and he can get back as soon as possible. Hopefully while he is sitting in his plush private hospital bed he'll have a good old chat with his Jiminy Cricket and work out he was being a massive melt all along and sign the contract.

On the much more likely side of things, when he leaves that is it as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't get the Rooney style chance of redemption, I wouldn't want him back even if brought messi along with him. Hopefully we can scoop up more trophies than where he is headed to and add that to his list of mistakes.

Matt Scott from Inside World Football just saying then he heard from Jim White that Everton haven't had single enquiry about Barkley, not one, not one team interested, I know we like to ignore stuff on Talk Sport but I can see this being true. Ten a penny player with 12 month left on his contract, that wont sign a new deal, cant get in a crap England side, who is currently injured and missing pre season training, that we have put a 50m price tag on, can well believe no one is interested.

Barkley is overweight and nowhere near as good as he should be, he's easily replaceable.

he lost close to a stone last season.

he's in no way overweight

he'll be missed. we'll move on, but it's like saying we won't miss Lukaku. We'll miss any good player that leaves.

Spurs fans (well, one or two at least) genuinely reckon they'll get him for 20m or under.

Mental.

We paid £25m for Keane in the same contract situation.

They're also ignoring the fact he's just had surgery.

Matt Scott from Inside World Football just saying then he heard from Jim White that Everton haven't had single enquiry about Barkley, not one, not one team interested, I know we like to ignore stuff on Talk Sport but I can see this being true. Ten a penny player with 12 month left on his contract, that wont sign a new deal, cant get in a crap England side, who is currently injured and missing pre season training, that we have put a 50m price tag on, can well believe no one is interested.

Baffled by the hate for him mate.

He was easily one of our best players last season.

Don't get bitter. There's a reason the mob across the park like to call us it you know...

If no team is interested in him and he's a 'ten a penny player', why have we put a £50m price tag on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.