Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He (Gueye) was pretty poor today but this season he has probably been our player of the season alongside lukaku, who by the way was also poor today and people also tend to [Poor language removed] off. Ross has a lot of weight on his shoulders, it comes with being so talented, the pressure is on and people expect. Part of it for some I believe is that they recognize the talent which means when they don't see Ross at his best they will be more critical, hence the criticism Lukaku also receives. Stones I believe also got criticized a fair bit on here even before he wanted out.
Agree but Gueye been poor for 3 months doesn't get a single shred of criticism. He had a great first half a season & very poor second perhaps not his fault however Ross last season apparently was rubbish.

Nominated for young player of the year &
Made the sky half season team over payet.

So Ross great first half season poor second half alarm bell ringing yet.

Exactly the same as Gueye this season yet he is our best player & Better than Kante but Ross is inconsistent.

Apologies if you think I'm having a go at you.
I'm not it's just tedious in fact he wasnt even poor half of last season he quit after the west ham game in march he played great a fair few game s after Christmas stoke Away Newcastle at home.

Agree but Gueye been poor for 3 months doesn't get a single shred of criticism. He had a great first half a season & very poor second perhaps not his fault however Ross last season apparently was rubbish.

Nominated for young player of the year &
Made the sky half season team over payet.

So Ross great first half season poor second half alarm bell ringing yet.

Exactly the same as Gueye this season yet he is our best player & Better than Kante but Ross is inconsistent.

Apologies if you think I'm having a go at you.
I'm not it's just tedious in fact he wasnt even poor half of last season he quit after the west ham game in march he played great a fair few game s after Christmas stoke Away Newcastle at home.

Nope I don't think you are, you are entitled to your own opinion and to be honest even if you were I couldn't give a hoot. I agree a lot of the criticism aimed at Ross is overboard and for the most part the second part of the season has been good for Ross. Certainly don't think Gueye has had 3 bad months and to be fair to him it's his first season.

Away from home the team just does not have enough pace or skill upfront to score goals and Barkley playing where he likes
means that Lukaku gets isolated and poor service. Deli Ali, on the other hand, is a 10 who gets upfront and makes runs beyond his centre-forward. He is also miles better than Ross.

Coleman's absence means that literally nothing is created on the right flank. The ball gets moved around and then goes out wide where Holgate
is obliged to go backwards.

Barkley or Davies should play in midfield but not both of them. I prefer Davies because he gets stuck in, runs more, and has loads of potential.

Barkley is turning into a Rodwell-like problem. What is his best position? Why has not improved more? Why does he piss around so much on the ball? Why hasn't he signed the offer?

I always appreciate your views as someone with good football knowledge and experience, and I also feel that Ross has some way to go in his development to become a top class player. However, I do think he has the ability and can make that step.

I was one of those who were very sceptical initially, probably because he was over-hyped, but that isn't his fault. I think he is making steady progress and would like to see him fulfil his potential at Everton.

...and me Magus. I hope the lad stays as there's no better sight than an in form Barkley but looking at the bigger picture I just think we could improve with the right footballer playing no10. Saying that, finding such a player will be a major challenge.

They done a job on Barkley as they did Everton as a whole, Barkley only weakness yesterday was what Everton as a squad offer, it's still short on more quality in some posistions. It's just not enough to have Barkley and Lukaku as your top attacking threats at times they will be tactically snuffed out of games at this level.

horrendous

Embarrassing

shocking turd.

Dog knacker

beyond crap

Utter piss pig wank crap piss!

tumblr_inline_mgdzppSNSV1rdrkhi.gif

Love the kid as he is one of us and hope he signs a new contract but we also need another attacking player to help him. If he leaves i wont lose sleep tbh.

Yes. And it means nothing.

Didn't mean it did mean anything mate, was just curious.

Still think it'll be amusing though if Barca did go for him, reckon the rs owners are counting on the windfall from selling Coutinho this summer to give Klopp the money for transfers

Lanzini better than Barkley haha. Propa hate some of our fans yanno
He is more hot and cold than Ross.

We have to cut Barkley some slack as he has only had a couple of bad games in 2017 and yesterday was one of them. If he is off form someone else has to step up and they didn't.

The Barkley situation mystifies me.

Either club aren't sure on him or he isn't sold on the club. If it's the latter, I think the lad is either seriously misguided or is being given some poor advice.

He is the same age as Lukaku but at this moment in time, there is no comparison between them. Lets get this right, they are both 23 not 18.

Rightly, because he is the top goal scorer in the league, Everton's top in the Premier League ever, Lukaku is going to attract some serious interest in the summer. You look at teams who have historically finished above us and go, yeah, they would want Rom. He would improve Arsenal and Utd for starters. If Costa leaves Chelsea there will definitely be interest. 23 year olds with goal scoring records lack that are very rare.

Then I look at Barkley. He's a creative midfielder. There is not a short supply of them in the teams above us, nor is there a shortage on the continent (and they would cost significantly less). I don't think he would get into the starting 11 of the teams above us.

And my biggest pet hate is that Evertonians give him too much stick, we don't appreciate him. It's like because we have been brought up on spam and baked beans like Joe-Max Moore and Nyarko our taste buds are too common to appreciate the vintage champaign of a Barkley. Some of the mistakes he makes would irritate any football fan. Needlessly giving the ball away isn't tolerated by any of the top sides, or their fans.

If he moves to Tottenham and continues to make the same mistakes, he would get loads of stick. Don't forget he wouldn't be "one of their own" and there would be a decent transfer fee for him to live up to.

If he wants to become a top footballer the problem isn't fans giving him stick for making stupid mistakes, the problem is him making stupid mistakes. More often than not the issue with Barkley is his decision making, he wants to take too many touches, takes to long on the ball, doesn't play the simple pass when its on. Some people think you either have that decision making or you don't, time will tell with Ross.

Think it was against Hull in front of the Gwladys Street on the Bullens Road side. Rom played in Hollgate in the box. The pass to Ross was on and he immediately played it to him on the edge of the box. Ross's options were limited but he took a load of touches, didn't know what do with it, tried to go past a couple of their defenders, lost it and they broke on us. If you have space on the edge of the box and don't have too many options, just have a shot. But that wan't a one off.

If Lukaku leaves, that leaves us with a big headache because you just can't go out and find a replacement who will score that many goals. Ross? it would hurt because he's a blue and you want to see Everton winning things with Scousers in the team. But unfortunately for Ross, it's not out of the question that he could leave and he could be replaced by a more consistent performer, someone with the ability but with the decision making to go with it.

If I was Ross and I don't just say this because I am a blue and I would be banging on Koeman's door and begging for a new contract. I think blabbing on about Champions League is a dangerous game. If he thinks that he is good enough to be starting for Chelsea, Spurs, City or Liverpool good luck to him. Personally, I think it would be a bad move and he would likely move on within 2 years to a team well below Everton.

It irritates me. Rooney was 18, we were crap (talked down as relegation candidates), Rooney had just been the stand out performer for England in Euro in 2004 (top goalscorer) and was wanted by a Utd team who had won the league only a year earlier.

Ross is 23, we are not crap and are moving in the right direction, Ross can't get a game for England and is apparently attracting interest from a Spurs team who last won the FA Cup in 1991 and the league in 1961. They are playing their home matches at Wembley next year. I promise you they will not be title contenders.

If Ross wants to stay and Everton are stalling on a contract, perhaps because Koeman isn't convinced, I apologise to Ross. But if he rejects a new contract and moves on he deserves to get much more stick than Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.