Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fans getting on his back at the match is disgraceful
'The fans getting on his back' is not booing or whatever. It's collective groaning when he makes mistakes, runs into trouble, doesn't get his shot off in time, fails to chase back after losing the ball etc etc. And unfortunately there's many such instances this season compared to previous ones.

The stats tell us nothing. Paticularly the passing accuracy nonsense, since Ross has taken to playing totally meaningless 5 yard passes, often exchanging repeated short passes with whoever happens to be closest to him.

Barkley has the ability to be a great. Unfortunately his previous manager and it has to be said the Everton coaching staff have yet to sufficiently develop his game.

'The fans getting on his back' is not booing or whatever. It's collective groaning when he makes mistakes, runs into trouble, doesn't get his shot off in time, fails to chase back after losing the ball etc etc. And unfortunately there's many such instances this season compared to previous ones.

The stats tell us nothing. Paticularly the passing accuracy nonsense, since Ross has taken to playing totally meaningless 5 yard passes, often exchanging repeated short passes with whoever happens to be closest to him.

Barkley has the ability to be a great. Unfortunately his previous manager and it has to be said the Everton coaching staff have yet to sufficiently develop his game.

There's been a lot of "eff of Barkley!" and people calling him a sh!thouse near where I sit. It's annoying. Yes, he's in a horrendous moment of form at the minute, but a young lads confidence isn't helped by grown up dudes shouting such comments.

Granted, they've paid good money and are entitled to their opinions of course.

There's been a lot of "eff of Barkley!" and people calling him a sh!thouse near where I sit. It's annoying. Yes, he's in a horrendous moment of form at the minute, but a young lads confidence isn't helped by grown up dudes shouting such comments.

Yeh, there is a fair amount of that going on but I doubt if a player picks up that type of shout when the whole crowd is shouting its general displeasure.

He does need to stop avoiding tackles, though. It's embarrassing.

To be fair he is a massive Sh!thouse, i dont believe in slating players for having a go but barkley runs from a challenge like a postman running from a rotweiler.

It is upto the manager to speak to him on this. Is Ross a wee bit afraid of getting injured again, I wonder either way his performance is not doing the team much good. But RM needs to sort out Ross's best position and play him, and stop all this swapping players around.

If he loses the ball due to trying a killer pass or trying to beat a man I have no grumbles whatsoever. But anyone ducking out of headers or backing out of a tackle is totally inexcusable.

If he loses the ball due to trying a killer pass or trying to beat a man I have no grumbles whatsoever. But anyone ducking out of headers or backing out of a tackle is totally inexcusable.

Exactly. I'd want him to do it in the oppositions final third for 90 minutes. Take them on/shoot/through ball every single time he pssibly can. Not arsed if it doesn't come off 8 times out of 10, he'll create goalscoring opportunities every match and they win games. Pointless little 5 yard passes don't.

I've been guilty of saying it myself. But he honestly has been more hindrance than help lately. It's sad to see the player that took the ball in our own half and just glided past Newcastle players last season just turn like that. He won't put a tackle in, slows down our attack and makes these awful 5 yard passes that go absolutely nowhere. I'd say drop him but that might only make things worse. Not sure what we can do to bring the proper Ross out :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.