Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same criticism levelled at Jack Wilshere a season or so back. I'm not sure if he's progressed at all.

It's only natural that your talent plateaus, but I didn't think for Ross what we saw originally would be it. He hasn't added assists to his game and he's scoring less as time goes on. Obviously doesn't help that the team has been dire and he's played out of position, but I'm not convinced he'll take the next step up in future. Even if he doesn't and he gets his confidence back instead, he's still entertaining to watch and he's above most players in the prem.

It's only natural that your talent plateaus, but I didn't think for Ross what we saw originally would be it. He hasn't added assists to his game and he's scoring less as time goes on. Obviously doesn't help that the team has been dire and he's played out of position, but I'm not convinced he'll take the next step up in future. Even if he doesn't and he gets his confidence back instead, he's still entertaining to watch and he's above most players in the prem.

Yes, we're at a critical point with him right now. His stock is falling with each passing game. He doesn't appear to be progressing. We could cash in now and improve the squad, or end up with a decent-to-good midfielder long term. But I don't see him becoming a Prem great, and England regular.

The lad has had all his unpredictability coached out of him and now he is playing safe football. Once being hailed as the new gazza now he looks like ray Wilkins with his safe sideways passing. Unfortunately his decision making(footballing brain) just isn't up to it at the minute. Hodgson screaming at the lad 30 seconds after he came on for England wound me up no end, but the more you watch of him he just makes awful footballing decisions, that give managers heart attacks.

The lad has had all his unpredictability coached out of him and now he is playing safe football. Once being hailed as the new gazza now he looks like ray Wilkins with his safe sideways passing. Unfortunately his decision making(footballing brain) just isn't up to it at the minute. Hodgson screaming at the lad 30 seconds after he came on for England wound me up no end, but the more you watch of him he just makes awful footballing decisions, that give managers heart attacks.

Come on mate you can't think that surely? Martinez gives him freedom in the number 10 role, more than most managers would. He's being asked to be more defensively recently just because we are conceding so many goals. If we were on form and winning he'd be his confident, attacking best.

Status
Not open for further replies.