Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't suggest sacking him without having a world class appointment in mind. I still do believe Tony Pulis would get the best out of this squad.

I honestly can't decide if there is a mass trolling going on between Everton fans or we have some seriously stupid people amongst us.

Are you genuinely saying Tony Pulis would be a good option for us? Do you honestly think that is ambitious? Do you think he is a fitting manager for Everton?

I honestly can't decide if there is a mass trolling going on between Everton fans or we have some seriously stupid people amongst us.

Are you genuinely saying Tony Pulis would be a good option for us? Do you honestly think that is ambitious? Do you think he is a fitting manager for Everton?
a little from column A, a little from column B

a little from column A, a little from column B

I think this sums up a lot of people on this forum at the moment.

db0.jpg

He won the charity shield in Portugal whilst finishing 3rd in a 3 horse race (as favourites for the title).

At Valencia (as ive posted several times when he was appointed as our manager) they were a very good (VERY GOOD) team and many were saying they could break the Madrid / Barca monopoly that season. Koeman nosedived massively and they were on course to be relegated with their form so he was sacked after winning the Copa Del Rey where the players famously ignored his tactics and won.

So please don't focus on these two 'trophies'.
Your being disingenuous and selective with your Valencia tale and I bet you know it. There was far more to his failure there than you intimate in your recollections . The club was a basket case before he arrived , problems and egos at board level , over powerful players in the dressing room. One respected commentator described Koeman as 'walking into a vipers nest'.You will also know that he was responsible for bringing a young Mata into the team and in fact both he and Silva still speak highly of him. Interestingly the manager who succeeded him made a point of getting the trouble makers ,who had wilfully undermined Koeman ,out of the club . Undoubtedly Koemans abrasive nature was not best suited to the situation, but it was far from the black and white picture that you so mischievously paint.
You dislike Koeman we all know, but there is plenty of legitimate ammunition to hit him with ,without bending the truth to suit your purpose . Your a very knowledgable person and I have always enjoyed your posts so it saddens me when you resort to this type of character assassination.

I think this sums up a lot of people on this forum at the moment.

db0.jpg

Mate you can post as many silly pictures as you want.But let's not deflect attention away from the matter at hand.We spent something like 140 million smackers in the summer for rubbish football, 16th place in the league, 2 points away from the relegation zone, and only 2 league wins.Not to mention screwing up the easier games in our Europa League group.Forgive me and forgive the rest of us, for refusing to happy clap our way through the stinking pile of mediocrity inflicted on us for the past month or so.

He says he is trying to build a new team and signs new players - Everyone's yaaaaayyyy we're gonna be a top side
Building a new team takes time - Everyone's haaaaaay [Poor language removed] you we need a new manager
Yeah, but there’s a difference between building a team and absolute crap, unbalance, and stubbornness. Everyone knows what he puts out won’t work, yet he keeps doing it.

I think the problem that we have with Ronald is that hes always seen us as a stepping stone to another job and hes just tried to rush building a team.Instead of looking and build A good foundation. Instead hes just flung money around hoping that will get us into the top 6 and then he can move on as the wonderful manager to Barcelona

Ask the travelling fans who went to that match how proud they were to witness it.

Just to add to this - Ronald in his post match interview did actually use the phrase “good character”. He’s even using Martinez’s favourite lines now - he needs to go!

We're 8 games into the season mate, four of those have been against perineal CL teams, I agree we look awful, I just don't believe the root cause in the manger, or whether a new one wouldn't have the same issue.

I think if there is a change and I'd be against it, I think your looking at around Dec, to give the new guy the window etc.

Personally I wouldn't.
Bit harsh that, some of them are alright.

You mentioned Klaassen but don't review him. Interested to see your review of him

I think there is definitely a player in Klassan,but I just cannot fathom why we signed him in the first few weeks, implying that he was our first choice and would slot seamlessly into our "new" system. C

I think the problem that we have with Ronald is that hes always seen us as a stepping stone to another job and hes just tried to rush building a team.Instead of looking and build A good foundation. Instead hes just flung money around hoping that will get us into the top 6 and then he can move on as the wonderful manager to Barcelona

Spot on IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.