Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never seen Goodison as dead as it was today, soon as Burnley scored everyone gave up. Not one blue in that ground belived we’d get back into that, myself included, which says it all. People streaming out with a good ten minutes left. They could of played for another ninety minutes and we wouldn’t have troubled them. Terrible.

It has got to Martinez levels, the protests will start soon if we don’t get anything from Brighton and Arsenal wipe the floor with us.

I want him gone myself, he’s not learning from his mistakes and is blaming everyone else for the situation we find ourselves in. Granted the players also need to take some stick, but he doesn’t help them with his dire selections, formations and tactics.

From the start of preseason until now I still haven’t got a clue how he wants this team to play football. There is no plan what so ever.

I don't think Unsy would come into the fold as anything more than an interim manager (unless he has great success). So yes, there would probably be less pressure on Unsworth to succeed. We can look elsewhere after the season has ended. No harm done.

I would have no issue if the board parts ways with him after this season if they are not convinced after 2 years. An interim manager like Unsy would be affected with the expectations from such an expensive squad. He did well winning us that odd game vs Norwich 3-0 cos that was dead rubber last game of the season vs a relegated team. This will be different. And Koeman I still believe has the character to turn this around with time.

I see your point. So when you put in a 3-0 performance and a comeback 2-1 performance it shows the players are playing for their manager and would have confidence risen.

Limassol - Ashley Williams plays a sunday league back pass and we concede. Then we play back passes for 20 mins. Then we fight again and get 2-1 up. Then we give away a silly FK and concede on a set piece. Its the players.

Burnley - We wanted pace and width for weeks. We got it. We started very well. Then the 1st shot on goal Burnley get they score thanks to cowardice by Schniderlin. If these players were against Koeman they would not have fought in the 2nd half. We needed to keep the shop shut and could have won this game 1-0 or 2-0 late on with the attack we had.

Now onto the next few games. Yes they are all tough. So if we sack Koeman now does that mean Unsy or whoever we get in will have us win against Lyon, Arsenal and Chelsea? The expectations on his shoulders will be huge.

I'm not exactly happy with Koeman's tactics and a couple of his signings but then that's the case with every manager. Just give him this season to see if he improves us and we get a direction and in the meanwhile the board should keep its eyes open for better replacement than him. Sacking him won't make us get to top 6 either. It will just make the fans happy for short term.
I honestly also see where you are coming from, but today we still didn't play with any width.

How many times did Martina or Baines look up only to throw their arms about and hit an aimless ball into the box?

Playing 2 true wingers would be playing with 'width', hugging the touchline and what not.

I think say Unsworth could get the team playing back to basics and with a bit of grit.

Koeman has also spoken about intensity, agression and pressing - we have never ever done it.

Statistically.. how does he rate this season out of 10..

Stoke 6/10 ok performance, 3 points
City away 7/10 (given that we lead against 11 but later didn't see the job out)
Chelsea 2/10 - totally lacked any ambition apart from avoiding a pasting
Spurs 1/10 thoroughly outplayed - no moments of promise or note.
Man Utd 3/10 some small improvements after wonder goal against but crumbled in the end
Bournemouth 5/10 lucky to win - rescued by Oumar
Burnley 2/10 - decent for 20% of the game. Generous 2 out of 10

Cup:
Ruz home 4/10 just about good enough, away 5/10 largely in control
Split home 5/10 ok performance, away 4/10 rescued by a great goal and a penalty save
Atalanta 0/10 no guts only Stek emerged with credit for keeping score respectable
Apollon 3/10 naive
Sunderland 5/10 just about got the job done properly against awful team

League 26/70 or 37%
Cup 26/70 or 37%

Not even close to acceptable (55-60%)

as I said in a previous post I'm comparing first 18 months. they both had a shot at EL and so far Koemans failing his. both struggled in the league but at least we had some cup runs with Bobby. Both failures still, just Martinez was more enjoyable before it went to crap. Koeman was meh last season and crap this season. not to mention he hasn't looked arsed the whole time he's been here

I'd prefer Moyes over these two.

I don't agree to the point of focusing on the first 18 months of RM. I can't forget what the next 18 months. As to Koeman, his time is running out. He may get the sack in any minute. Losing at home to Burnley is unacceptable.

kinell mate fair play to you. you've managed to find a positive from today's performance. it was dross completely and utterly awful

Positive opening few minutes before their goal and the last 10 mins or so. Obviously they were not enough for a win. And if we sack Koeman these players won't become world beaters in a day either. We're lacking confidence is all. That returns with time and needs some balls from one himself not to let negativity affect you. Our players let the smallest negativity get to their heads.

I don't agree to the point of focusing on the first 18 months of RM. I can't forget what the next 18 months. As to Koeman, his time is running out. He may get the sack in any minute. Losing at home to Burnley is unacceptable.

It's all your fault.

This is what you asked for.

I honestly also see where you are coming from, but today we still didn't play with any width.

How many times did Martina or Baines look up only to throw their arms about and hit an aimless ball into the box?

Playing 2 true wingers would be playing with 'width', hugging the touchline and what not.

I think say Unsworth could get the team playing back to basics and with a bit of grit.

Koeman has also spoken about intensity, agression and pressing - we have never ever done it.
He's done in my opinion. No coherent strategy for how we want to play; no idea how to get the best out of the players; no man management skills; no cohesion; no response to going a goal down. The sooner we pull the trigger the better.

Moyes was very good for a long time, especially with what he was given. That being said he was never going to be more than steady best of the rest manager for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.