Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time for him to find a winning formula and fast before we start hitting the winnable games. If we can avoid the huge lull we hit last season, we technically aren't even out of champions league contention. We lost games that we realistically should have lost (albeit we should have put up better fights in almost every one of them). We need to win more of the away fixtures against the Bournemouths, Burnleys, West Hams and so on.
We would also need to keep our home form which is looking difficult already.

Some simple tactical tweaks I'd like to see over the next few months:

- Never play Williams
- Never play Martina outside of games like Brighton etc.
- If he's insistent on a back 3 put Schneiderlin in the middle of Keane and Holgate as two DM's in front is nonsensical.
- Until January DCL must start every match he physically can.
- Don't shoehorn 3x CAM's into the team just because you paid top money for them.
- Don't feel like it's a requirement to play Gana and Morgan every game; despite them being different types of defensive midfielder at the end of the day they both offer little offensively and in the build up.
- Depsite being our best player so far I don't feel Rooney has to play every game as his tendency to drop deep all over the pitch makes it easier to defend against us.
- If 4-3-3 is the stated formation don't make wingers out of central midfielders when we have wide players on the bench.

I lose faith in Koeman's ability to correctly set up the team when I see the amount of substitutions he's made at half-time so far this season.

They say you can normally judge after 10 league games, It's very early doors, I just want a bit of a spark. We look like we are running through tar. The players at our disposal are all capable of better performances than they are showing but at the moment nobody seems to know their role.

- Never play Williams
- If he's insistent on a back 3 put Schneiderlin in the middle of Keane and Holgate as two DM's in front is nonsensical.
- Don't shoehorn 3x CAM's into the team just because you paid top money for them.
- Don't feel like it's a requirement to play Gana and Morgan every game; despite them being different types of defensive midfielder at the end of the day they both offer little offensively and in the build up.
- Depsite being our best player so far I don't feel Rooney has to play every game as his tendency to drop deep all over the pitch makes it easier to defend against us.
- If 4-3-3 is the stated formation don't make wingers out of central midfielders when we have wide players on the bench.

I lose faith in Koeman's ability to correctly set up the team when I see the amount of substitutions he's made at half-time so far this season.
My only hope is that Koeman was using those 'impossible games' to experiment with his stupid side and he is back on track. Maybe we can get a rotation going, which is why we brought in all those central midfielders in the first place. I still think he will play Rooney every freakin game and doom us all.

Depsite being our best player so far I don't feel Rooney has to play every game as his tendency to drop deep all over the pitch makes it easier to defend against us.

I think the only reason he's doing it is because we are so lacking in any mobility or speed up top. We keep losing the ball in the middle of the park and Rooney ends up working to get it back. I didn't want the lad back, but he has been our best player and I think we could get a lot more out of him if we dissolve that midfield blob we're playing and get more natural wide players in their preferred position. I would even put Kev on the field at this rate

I think the only reason he's doing it is because we are so lacking in any mobility or speed up top. We keep losing the ball in the middle of the park and Rooney ends up working to get it back. I didn't want the lad back, but he has been our best player and I think we could get a lot more out of him if we dissolve that midfield blob we're playing and get more natural wide players in their preferred position. I would even put Kev on the field at this rate
We force him into every game and we don't play to his strength which is to pick a pass... It confuses me. He can scan the field in a second and play the long ball to perfection. Give him some runners and this is suddenly a different team.

- Never play Williams

I have an all in one suggestion for all problem. Change that donkey.

- Never play Williams

Very good post, can you please send to it the club and let them know that you're available for future consultation with regards to team selection and tactics.

I especially liked the point about Williams never playing again, but Martina should be included in that too.

I'm sure the club could find them alternative employment until their contracts run out.

Williams could work in his natural environment - the canteen at Finch Farm.

Martina couid work as a clown wearing an Everton shirt, in a local traveling circus on behalf of Everton in the Community .

Very good post, can you please send to it the club and let them know that you're available for future consultation with regards to team selection and tactics.

I especially liked the point about Williams never playing again, but Martina should be included in that too.

I'm sure the club could find them alternative employment until their contracts run out.

Martina couid work as a clown wearing an Everton shirt, in a local traveling circus on behalf of Everton in the Community .

Thanks mate, I've been telling Bill for a couple of years just to give me a chance but it's falling on deaf ears.

I can see Cuco being the man at the gates of USM FF letting people in and out.

Thanks mate, I've been telling Bill for a couple of years just to give me a chance but it's falling on deaf ears.

I can see Cuco being the man at the gates of USM FF letting people in and out.

I think you're being a bit unkind to him tbh.

His true destiny lies, in being the fella that goes into the pond, at the bottom of the training ground and retrieving all the balls that have been wellied in there, when Ron has them practicing webbing the ball out of defence, to our non existent striker.

I think you're being a bit unkind to him tbh.

His true destiny lies, in being the fella that goes into the pond, at the bottom of the training ground and retrieving all the balls that have been wellied in there, when Ron has them practicing webbing the ball out of defence, to our non existent striker.

hope someone warms him not to forget his concrete boots when he goes in.........sorry mods that was in jest

this game tonight is the kind Kev shines in, but he wont play him

My only hope is that Koeman was using those 'impossible games' to experiment with his stupid side and he is back on track. Maybe we can get a rotation going, which is why we brought in all those central midfielders in the first place. I still think he will play Rooney every freakin game and doom us all.

If I am honest with you Osama, if Koeman, or any Everton manager, reached the stage where he played "experimental" systems or weakened teams because he regarded certain games as "impossible" I would be even more angry than I have been with the performances this season.

Martina couid work as a clown wearing an Everton shirt, in a local traveling circus on behalf of Everton in the Community .[/B]

Indeed.

Why even play him against Brighton?

Status
Not open for further replies.