Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he has any interest in staying here beyond the three years anyway.

And I think that is half the problem.....he doesn't give a stuff.

He is far too comfortable......the way we pursued him at all costs has him thinking we are lucky to have him.

IMO he is running his contract down and I expect him and Moshiri to come to some "mutual agreement" deal next May and he walks away with say 50% of his final year salary.

That is unless things take an even greater turn for the worse and we are deep in relegation trouble come November or December and then Moshiri will really have to ask serious questions of himself.
He's sitting on a 6 million £££ contract he won't get that anywhere else

But he doesn't sign the players does he? He says what type of player he wants, Walsh identifies some options, the board/Walsh negotiate for the player.

He was banging on about the need for an experienced No9 and left sided defender for most of the summer. He was let down by the board and Walsh on that.

Rooney, Keane, Sigurdsson, Pickford, Klassen were all from Koeman as he sung their praises.

We heard about that in the last few weeks. And what we were linked with were hopeful punts on Grioud and horrifically Thomas Vermalen.

Regardless of the board policy, we did spend a lot of time trying to buy Sigurdsson for a lot of money. Not once did we have the same pursuit of a striker.

Moshiri himself is a fraud so i dont think he has the right to read the riot act to anyone.

Increasingly this.

I mean, some people are absolving Koeman of any blame for this defeat today on the grounds the club never got him the players he wanted.

Fair enough.

But if that is the case then Moshiri is a fraud.

Me?

I am beginning to think we have been hit with a double whammy.

A fraud of an owner whom appointed a fraud of a manager....:pint2:

I get the impression that us not managing any shots on target in any game seems normal for you against the top 6, I don't get the apathy?

I just understand the circumstances around our performances. We've lost a world class striker and brought in a load of players who need time to settle. Throw in the fact we are still trying to find a system which will suit us, I can easily see why Spurs and Chelsea are turning us over.

I don't even think Koeman is an outstanding manager. He's very much middle of the road, exactly the team and players we've got. I am willing however to put these things into perspective and give it a few months before reacting like it's the end of the world because we lost a couple of matches against two of the best sides in the league.

I just understand the circumstances around our performances. We've lost a world class striker and brought in a load of players who need time to settle. Throw in the fact we are still trying to find a system which will suit us, I can easily see why Spurs and Chelsea are turning us over.

I don't even think Koeman is an outstanding manager. He's very much middle of the road, exactly the team and players we've got. I am willing however to put these things into perspective and give it a few months before reacting like it's the end of the world because we lost a couple of matches against two of the best sides in the league.

It's not the losing, it's the manner of the defeats that sting, just getting our tummies tickled is not pleasant. Otherwise I wouldn't be as animated. Frustrating time.

Status
Not open for further replies.