Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really get this point. So we shouldn't have bothered turning up then cause we were likely to lose anyway? Not saying we should win but both the performances were an absolute disgrace!
You are right.We were at home at goodison. The day i dont expect us to go for a win at goosidon i will give up being an evertonian. I dont care who we play at home. I am disappointed if we lose. Our manager should think the same but his team had no shots on target at home.

When Spurs replaced Bale with 7 players, they atleast got Eriksen, Lamela & Chadli. While the later two were reasonably average, but on their day, were unpredictable & created & had end product. Eriksen was a world class signing for 11m.

When I look at new Everton signings (leaving aside defensive signings), none of the new signings brings that spark. You can make a case of Gylfi & Rooney but Gylfi doesnt dictate game, Rooney is past it. There is no signing that makes us sit up & be excited. Every movement of all new signings are predictable - so no wonder top PL teams are playing us off the park.

Partial Blame has to go to Koeman in this regard.

Hoping for Bolasie to be back fit -only player to have to that spark in this squad.
Paulinho who flopped badly for them around this time now plays in Barca colours just goes to show some players are not made for this league hope Sandro isn't one of them

I've been a big supporter of his, but picking Williams (well, signing Williams) & Cuco against Spurs was never going to work.

Williams actually looked like a Sunday league player today. Kane raped him, but Williams made it easy for him by repeatedly thinking he could nick the ball ahead of him (which was clearly never going to happen) & getting himself wrong side.

I struggle to think of a worse CH performance ever.

It's not the losing, it's the manner of the defeats that sting, just getting our tummies tickled is not pleasant. Otherwise I wouldn't be as animated. Frustrating time.

But just think about why it's happening. Yeah, it's frustrating as hell but I can't believe there were actually people going into this season that honestly didn't think it'd take time for us to adapt.

What worries me most is the lack of threat or goal scoring in our team. This is why I was devastated we didn't add an experienced forward. I am not a sack the manager type, until it's deserved but he needs to sort out the formation and stick to it quickly! DCL, Davies, Lookman, Vlasic and Holgate give this team more energy.

Increasingly this.

I mean, some people are absolving Koeman of any blame for this defeat today on the grounds the club never got him the players he wanted.

Fair enough.

But if that is the case then Moshiri is a fraud.

Me?

I am beginning to think we have been hit with a double whammy.

A fraud of an owner whom appointed a fraud of a manager....:pint2:

Saturday night. Drink up. Block out the pain

I just understand the circumstances around our performances. We've lost a world class striker and brought in a load of players who need time to settle. Throw in the fact we are still trying to find a system which will suit us, I can easily see why Spurs and Chelsea are turning us over.

I don't even think Koeman is an outstanding manager. He's very much middle of the road, exactly the team and players we've got. I am willing however to put these things into perspective and give it a few months before reacting like it's the end of the world because we lost a couple of matches against two of the best sides in the league.

Dannyboy, have you not asked yourself why????? Koeman has had around 60 competitive games in charge to have found a system!

To be fair Bike, I think there was a general feeling of mehness round these parts when he was hired.

I don't recall much in the way of excitement among our friends on here.

Maybe not at the outset but there is a fair few posters who seemed fully sure that he knows what he is doing and was going to make something special happen......posters I would definitely say we're Koeman 'fans'. Which is fine, but for me very odd when IMO he seems clearly to be at best only a decent manager.

The worst thing about Martina is he can't drop him now because he'll lose face

This was a perfect chance to blood Kenny and he's wasted it. Now we're stuck with Martina

Koeman needs to let his actions do the talking now. Find a new formation, practice corners adnauseum until we're competant at them and make DCL first choice striker

If an experienced player isn't cutting it, try a young lad who will at least be enthusiastic

Youth, tactical reform and set piece improvement are what will make or break this season

Honestly mate, if he left tomorrow i wouldn't be arsed.

Buys a 45m set piece expert, pretty sure today i saw at least 3 separate people taking them whilst he was on the pitch, Rooney and Davies at least taking corners...

Practising corners would also be ultimately pointless mate if we are allowing Rooney and Davies or Baines etc to take them and in a team with basically one aerial threat in Keane

An absolutely bizarre buying policy in the summer, which saw us overload in certain positions - and at such fees/reputations that we have to try fit them all in the side.

Much was said about how imbalanced a squad koeman inherited, he's spent close to 300m on the team now, and yeah we are no longer imbalanced in the same way or positions, just different ones. And arguably ones with more of an impact.

Pickford so far this season and especially today must think he's still at Sunderland with the way he's being peppered.

Martinez took on a solid defensive team and after a first season which he benefited from a well drilled defence he regressed it massively and the wheels fell off, Kidman inherited a team in its arse sick of the old approach, motivated them and got his attacking players to show their earlier form, and tightened up at the back. But now it's effectively his team we are seeing the huge flaws he has. Yeah against 13-14 teams we will look solid at the back, against the best however our lack of attacking threat means that we will just get pinned back and hammered.

Who on earth builds a team with the idea of a high press, and has a back 4 with one player who can play it effectively, who sits deep away against a lot of teams yet has zero pace in the team, Who brings in players who are very dependant on a certain type of striker, yet fail to bring in that type after spending this much money. It's absolutely baffling and very concerning.

As for playing the younger players, dcl has started one game up front, also his best performance by a mile, Kenny is in niasse land atm , Davies back to sub in games already lost, lookman out the squad...

Koeman was hired on his name and profile rather than his ability, same could be said about signing Rooney, who frankly today was absolutely shockingly bad, and how he stayed in is a mystery.

We won't change manager unless things go abysmally bad though, too much money spent, and ultimately we will beat the dross and get the points that way. Despite what looks like a season of absolute boring at best footy ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.