Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 16 of a European tournament. Equal best showing in Europe since we won the ECWC.

I think that sentence alone speaks more about our failures over the past 30 years rather than it being an achievement.

Nevertheless you are right, but the manner in which we crashed and burned out of the competition though is what was really disappointing.

Kiev with The 2nd leg in Ukraine was never going to be easy but taking a lead into the 2nd leg, needing to keep it tight and somehow conceding 5 soured an otherwise decent cup run.

I realise @davek creates the impression that he wants to disagree.. so instead I'll just ask this question:

How many of the following do you want in the present side/squad and picking up wages from the club?

Howard, Hibbert, Stones, Oviedo, Geri, Pienaar, Gibson, Cleverley, Osman, McGeady, Niasse, McAleny

The lad seems a bit of a bell, but not having this 'he can't defend' nonsense. On form he could shut down the best strikers in the league with ease. He'll be a great player.

I think that sentence alone speaks more about our failures over the past 30 years rather than it being an achievement.

Nevertheless you are right, but the manner in which we crashed and burned out of the competition though is what was really disappointing.

Kiev with The 2nd leg in Ukraine was never going to be easy but taking a lead into the 2nd leg, needing to keep it tight and somehow conceding 5 soured an otherwise decent cup run.
Conceding loads in one game in European competition is hardly a novelty for any club, no matter how good they are.

These things happen.

To be fair, there's no need to discuss a new contract when he has more than 2 years left on it, and also the first season of his 3 year deal hasn't ended yet.

Maybe the club have learnt their lesson from kneejerk managerial contract offers after one year, to managers who prove to be busted flushes and end up costing the club £10m in compensation after having to sack them with 3 years left on their contract.

We can graph this:

graphwrite.aspx

Like this Dave. Bit of statistical analysis to get to the heart of the matter.

So the average of seasons 1,2,3 is a 5.66 out of 10 rating. ;)

To get 10 you have to win something.
Moyes got a 9 then. He got 4th. He got us fifth multiple oxcasions, and a final, plus a boss penalty semi. And a shame of a semi in 2012 (still, better effort than our last one). Moyes' barcharts beat Martinez AND Koeman. :(

Moyes got a 9 then. He got 4th. He got us fifth multiple oxcasions, and a final, plus a boss penalty semi. And a shame of a semi in 2012 (still, better effort than our last one). Moyes' barcharts beat Martinez AND Koeman. :(
He defo outstrips Koeman, I'll give you that.

Remember when we used to take the piss about Moyes' 7th place trophy? Now it's feted when Koe-moan gets it.

He defo outstrips Koeman, I'll give you that.

Remember when we used to take the piss about Moyes' 7th place trophy? Now it's feted when Koe-moan gets it.
Because we had a dreadful past two seasons and the competition is fierce. Spurs are now a top four side. We saw the dross of previous years and it will take time to rebuild Everton Athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.