Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't really ask for a breakdown of who you thought was good or not... He asked if we were better than last season. If your answer is 'Lukaku is better than last season' why? What has marked the improvement?
He didn't. He gave a list of what he believed to be successful transitions from one regime to another and it was shaky...which i argued it to be. And the fact that Lukaku is essential as a starter for us to get anything from a game is a big problem that Koeman has not begun to address. If he leaves this summer what will we do? Who will we rely on? How is a good season even possible?

We are in attacking terms a one player club pretty much. That's something he should have addressed with the £80M he's spent so far.

I agree about finishing there is a good start to things here under Koeman and i think overall the general perception right now is less of an achieving mid frame and more of a rebuilding one. But for a manager to add at leasr 4-5 league places on the last 2 seasons, possibly finish in europe and strip up to 14 players out of a squad who are not good enough then that is a success to me. So many players were not good enough i am sure you will agree and it is nice to see so many of them being moved out of the club so efficiently is a positive sign of the direction we are going in. The integration of putting young players through the under 23s before using them in the match squad is a positive, and could well give us 6-7 players in the first team in 5 years time that way. I can see us with so many potential positives if we can get it all right and we have achieved this by essentially only spending small amounts of money.

This season was never about 'success' to anyone and one year of not winning a trophy can be forgiven for Koeman considering the previous 22 years without one i believe. Creating a system in place with the youth and the first team and integrating the ground work of that this season is a success, and it is working. the young lads are winning their league and we have had at least one of those step up into the first team off the back of it, not all of them will make it here but feeding young lads through there will only be great for the future.

Which all in all makes this first season under Koeman potentially a positive one, with or without a trophy. That is what i believe though.
I agree with most of that. But just to clarify: it's encouraging, but next season this has to be built on. No backsliding, because it did for his predecessor and what's sauce for the goose...

Just in time davek realises he's painting himself in a corner for the 2nd manager in succession and blinks
cue faux puzzled 'what's he on about' reply while blithely sailing on slightly different tack, thinking ' I side stepped that neatly without looking (too) daft.'
I cant see what I've side stepped. As for Koeman so far I've called it right: he's a steady Eddie type. He'll have us top half and tough to beat with perfunctory high energy football.

Reminds me of someone else who we felt was holding us back.

You obviously missed one of the previous arguments on here between Davek and the forum.

Apparently Koeman hasnt improved the defence all that much as we play a different formation and were not supposed to compare defensive records due to the differing formation being deployed...

Our away form is better than last season, but that's only because the kit is different.

Personally I don't think Koeman should get any credit for our improved home form either - that should go to me, for parking in a different place and walking a different route to the match this season.

He didn't. He gave a list of what he believed to be successful transitions from one regime to another and it was shaky...which i argued it to be. And the fact that Lukaku is essential as a starter for us to get anything from a game is a big problem that Koeman has not begun to address. If he leaves this summer what will we do? Who will we rely on? How is a good season even possible?

We are in attacking terms a one player club pretty much. That's something he should have addressed with the £80M he's spent so far.
Koeman has removed nearly all the cack (he wants shut of Kone) and brought in a lot better set of players.. tell me also how we're not better than last season!?!

:bye:

Messi can't hold a candle to Maradona.
Think the wider point is regarding the way that footballing ability is being linked to success, when they don't correlate. Regardless of if Maradona or Messi is better, they are both in the 'greatest footballers of all time' bracket. Better than say Alain Boghossian. In an attempt to bring this back on topic: Koeman, while a footballing legend, has not had similar managerial success, but that doesn't mean he's not got the ability to be one.

His predecessor didnt backslide, he fell over into a bush.

We can graph this:

graphwrite.aspx

Koeman has removed nearly all the cack (he wants shut of Kone) and brought in a lot better set of players.. tell me also how we're not better than last season!?!

:bye:
I refer you to my graph in the post above. So, you can see from that that I dont 'tell you how we're not better than last season'.

Status
Not open for further replies.