Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know the type of player he is. Win the midfield battle and put balls into Lukaku, he will win you football matches.

We didn't do that on Saturday and we never do in big away grounds. I'm sick of seeing us lose to better teams and people blaming Lukaku for not doing it all on his own.

We didn't lose because of Lukaku. We lost because we lost battles all over the pitch.
That is indeed true you never lose a game because of one player,but what you do expect is when you main striker is having an off day or getting little or no service is,the least he does is "puts himself about"

I think some of the stick Rom is getting for the weekend from the media is a bit unfair. Like many of our games against better teams he was totally isolated at times and constantly had two men on him, where their strikers constantly had half a pitch to run into with no one near them.

That is indeed true you never lose a game because of one player,but what you do expect is when you main striker is having an off day or getting little or no service is,the least he does is "puts himself about"

What cheesed me off about him Saturday. When he used to get isolated his head would drop and he would look like he wasn't arsed, but I said before the game that he had seemed to get that out of his system and lately had been putting a shift in when getting no service/isolated up front, he almost went back to looking not arsed Saturday.

Rom is no more and no less to blame for yesterday than anyone else. Could he have done more? absolutely but so could all the players. I think the the abuse and blame both him and Ross are getting is completely unfair.

I think some of the stick Rom is getting for the weekend from the media is a bit unfair. Like many of our games against better teams he was totally isolated at times and constantly had two men on him, where their strikers constantly had half a pitch to run into with no one near them.

he was massively isolated, i understand the shouts about him being anonymous, but i can't think of one time where he got the ball and everyone is thinking "he should do better there". We just didn't get the ball to him at all. I hate how our fans look and overanalyze his negative spots rather than focus on the massive amount of positives. He's the top scorer in the division! It's been donkeys years since we've had the top goalscorer in the division play for us, yet people expect him to also be maradonna and take on half a team on his own.

listen, there's certainly an argument that lukaku needs to do more in games and make better use of his attributes the whole 90mins, but i'm not sure saturday was the best example of that

they had 3 defenders on him, if you include lucas, and none of our lads were getting near him. shut down a player like that and of course there going to find it hard. he needs help.

its unfair to expect him to be a type of player that hes never been. hes very good at what he does, and its unfair to expect him to carry our attack. getting criticized for that probably makes him just think eff it, i'll go somewhere i actually have decent support if there going to crap on me for that. hes not wrong.

He didn't have any energy left after all his prattling last couple of weeks. Time he shut up and put some effort in on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.