Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take the £70m and run - imho 2 good strikers are better than 1 great goalscorer. And we'd have dough left over to fix the defence.

How about, like the whole team, he couldn't hack it today. His touch hasn't been that bad all season and he also didn't seem arsed which was strange. Everyone was poor today and I bet he scores against Utd.

Sell asap, he is becoming a self centred prima Donna who disappears in the big games. As good as he is against lower teams I'm not sure we can build a successful team around him.

Imagine his comments if we bought a second striker and he got dropped for a game

Sell in the summer.

If Chelsea are scouting and they are watching the Derby thinking, 'let's see how he handles this massive game for Everton were if they win they are 3 points of Liverpool and put themselves in the hat for 4th place (albeit still unlikely)'. Then watch a performance like that were he was completely anonymous I imagine they'll be thinking thanks but no thanks.

I'd take the £70m and run - imho 2 good strikers are better than 1 great goalscorer. And we'd have dough left over to fix the defence.
Hmm....but since we only play one striker , you'd spend the rest on defence , and most of our current midfield couldn't score in a brothel , I predict a lot of 0-0 draws. :)

Not anything to do with the game or his performances but I was talking to a mate yesterday who said him and Coleman do not get on with each other at all. Apparently Coleman thinks he's to big for his boots. Obviously if it's true it's not affecting how they perform on the pitch because I can't see any obvious signs they don't get on. Wasn't Lukaku the only one not to wish him well on social media after his injury which I suppose is a bit strange given how often Rom is on social media and his support of Bolasie for example. I suppose you can't like everyone
In noticed that he didn't wish him well, but someone said he was off twitter etc. seamus also used to give it to gerry on the pitch during games. Good judge of character seamus.

I agree as good as he is against the lower teams, he can't seem to raise his game against the big teams and that isn't going to take us to the big time. We rightly set the team up to suit him, we have to as there's no one else. In an ideal world a quality striker as well as Lukaku would be great but I can't see that happening, a vardy type would be my choice.

Bolasie cost us £30m.

£70m would not fix our defence and get us two good goal scorers.

We got absolutely ripped off there and everyone knows it. Keane would be £25m, someone like Trippier probs £12m, that's already half the defence fixed for £7m more than Bolasie. I reckon £70m overall and we get a good back 4 + GK.

The problem with taking £70m and sorting the back 4 is who is going to score the goals that win games?

Status
Not open for further replies.