Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/620328/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Diego-Costa-AC-Milan-Gossip

AC Milan make enquiry for Chelsea striker Diego Costa

AC MILAN have launched a move for Chelsea striker Diego Costa.

The Serie A giants have enquired about Costa, who is about to enter the final two years of his Stamford Bridge contract.

Milan have money to burn after being taken over by Chinese investors and are desperate to return to the top after a disappointing few years.

Italian football journalist Emanuele Giulianelli broke the news on Twitter, writing: "Milan have asked informations about Diego Costa."

However, AC Milan face a challenge to persuade Costa to make the move to Italy.

He said: "I will only leave Chelsea for Atletico. If not, I will stay here. I'm not interested in other clubs.

"I know Chelsea wants to sell players, but I told them, I have two years left in my contract and I won't go somewhere else just because they want so.

"I will only sign for another club in Europe, they know that. Otherwise I'll stay with my current contract."

Costa's head was turned during the January transfer window when Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian attempted to sign him.

But Antonio Conte managed to persuade Costa to stay for the rest of the campaign and he responded by firing Chelsea to the Premier League title.

AC Milan have already signed two new players this summer - midfielder Frank Kessie has been snapped up from Atalanta while central defender Mateo Musacchio arrived from Villarreal.

Switzerland international left-back Ricardo Rodriguez is on the brink of joining from Wolfsburg.

Lots of improvement in him still which is the sad part but good riddance to him as thinks he is way better than he actually is ... 90 million and we have shafted Chelsea and they will find this out next season !

Even with him leaving, should we really have to fear the likes of Stoke, West Brom and Bournemouth overtaking us?

Very definitely, Mike.....maybe not all those three clubs per se but certainly the likes of Saints, Leicester and Hammers are capable of stepping up on last season's showing while as things stand right now it is easier to see us regressing rather than improving come August IMO.

The way we tapered off toward the end of the season, the autumn slump and the general all round naffness of our away play was largely overlooked due to a string of impressive home victories in the early months of 2017, but even those improved displays came to a halt the moment we got in a position to worry the teams in contention for the final CL spot.

And I personally am beginning to get a bit jittery about what is going to happen in this transfer window.

We have all but said goodbye to our striker and God alone knows what is happening with Barkley.

The fans need the club to make a big Eff U signing to settle us down and that does not look very likely to happen as far as I can see :(

Would not be surprised if Chelsea/Utd/Bayern/West Ham are not prepared to pay the asking price or even close and Lukaku is getting anxious and under his agents instructions is starting to rock the boat and try to get the price down . I think if clubs are really interested he will be very expensive.
Everton will have given interested clubs a time limit and after that they will probably keep him for another season. Somebody made a comparision with VVD earlier today.
60M for a centrehalf , then what price for a centreforward that scores as many goals as Lukaku does.
Could have sworn you wrote West Ham in that post!

He may be our best and consistent goalscorer since the day's of Gary Lineker and Graeme Sharp but i can't stand the man.He always belittles Everton in interviews and in the truly big matches, he could never deliver the goods more often than not.I'll hold that FA Cup semi final against United against him forever.Of course we will miss him there's no doubt about that.But i also have no doubt that Everton will survive and thrive in his absence.To be honest i'll be glad to see the back of him and his big mouth.The man is a modern day Nicholas Anelka.

Excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.