2020/21 Robin Olsen

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where I think people's views are skewed. Olsen saved as many shots that game as Pickford normally would, and also conceded as many as Pickford normally would. Yet Olsen is better and shouldn't get criticised for the same stuff as Pickford? If people can see that it's unjustified to slam Olsen for stuff like this, surely they can see it's also unjustified to slam Pickford for them.

Don't get me wrong though, Pickford isn't the answer, we do need a new keeper
Well considering one of their goals was a penalty and the other was a deflected cross, I agree Pickford wouldn’t have saved them also. However can we be certain with Pickford in his current form, that he would have saved the other shots Olsen did? I’m not so sure. Listen I don’t think Olsen will be here for one moment next season, but Pickford’s form at the moment (and for some time) means he shouldn’t be playing for us.

Do you base your goalkeeping knowledge on watching Sly Stallone in Escape to Victory?He wasnt a real goalkeeper you know.
What are you even talking about?

I base my knowledge on having watched Jordan Pickford keep goal at a level only comparable to Kepa and other players who are no longer PL goalkeepers like Tim Krul. On that basis alone it is worth trying someone like Olsen out if only to give him the opportunity to show whether or not he is as bad. If he is then there is quite literally no harm as we will have gone from terrible to terrible. If Olsen is even merely below average we have a chance at picking up more points this season.

What are you even talking about?

I base my knowledge on having watched Jordan Pickford keep goal at a level only comparable to Kepa and other players who are no longer PL goalkeepers like Tim Krul. On that basis alone it is worth trying someone like Olsen out if only to give him the opportunity to show whether or not he is as bad. If he is then there is quite literally no harm as we will have gone from terrible to terrible. If Olsen is even merely below average we have a chance at picking up more points this season.
wow

He could have stretched his arms out maybe?
He would have needed a palm tree for his arm to get to the second.

I know people see a keeper not diving as bad but I'm a results guy, diving and not getting it is the exact same thing.

Palm tree? he fell to his knees,if he would have dived to his right its a save.

How tall do you actually think he is?
He’s the same height as Neville Southall.

so much better aerially and commanding his box, he was very vocal as well and a much calmer presence,. I feel we need that with our rash defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.