2020/21 Robin Olsen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad how loads think he’s answer but he really isn’t.
It depends on what the question is. Is the question who should start in goal against Fulham? Then he's the answer. Is the question who should be our keeper after January 31? I'd like for him to not be the answer to that. Is the question who is our keeper to start next season? I'd be pretty livid if he's the answer to that.

The first one maybe. But to me that's in the category of one he should maybe save but isn't a big deal if he doesn't, so long as they don't always go in. With Pickford they just about always go in and that's when you have issues.
Didn't dive for either. Pickford gets slammed for that regardless of what the shot is like or whether its a deflection. Case in point being Southhampton. One deflection which was somehow his fault, and one shot to the far corner which he got slammed for. He probably just shouldn't have dived like Olsen did and people would think it was fine.

Didn't dive for either. Pickford gets slammed for that regardless of what the shot is like or whether its a deflection. Case in point being Southhampton. One deflection which was somehow his fault, and one shot to the far corner which he got slammed for. He probably just shouldn't have dived like Olsen did and people would think it was fine.
I don't care about the circumstances. Pickford doesn't save enough shots. I've watched him do it for two years. I've watched Olsen play one game for us and he did make enough saves so I'd like to see more.

I don't care about the circumstances. Pickford doesn't save enough shots. I've watched him do it for two years. I've watched Olsen play one game for us and he did make enough saves so I'd like to see more.
This is where I think people's views are skewed. Olsen saved as many shots that game as Pickford normally would, and also conceded as many as Pickford normally would. Yet Olsen is better and shouldn't get criticised for the same stuff as Pickford? If people can see that it's unjustified to slam Olsen for stuff like this, surely they can see it's also unjustified to slam Pickford for them.

Don't get me wrong though, Pickford isn't the answer, we do need a new keeper

This is where I think people's views are skewed. Olsen saved as many shots that game as Pickford normally would, and also conceded as many as Pickford normally would. Yet Olsen is better and shouldn't get criticised for the same stuff as Pickford? If people can see that it's unjustified to slam Olsen for stuff like this, surely they can see it's also unjustified to slam Pickford for them.

well no
one was a penalty
one is a cross that deflected perfectly into Wilsons feet
Olsen stopped it from being about 4-0 that game

This isn't true though. I mean one of the shots Olsen saved against Newcastle was not far off of what Pickford didn't save against Saints.

We can’t judge Olsen on one game, that would be madness. He needs to be given a run of games, we can then all see how good he is.
I think most will agree, he needs a run of games so we call judge him against Pickford
Knowing Everton, we will end up needing another keeper

Tbh when Pickford makes a save it actually shocks me and sticks in my mind. I’m not counting little pearollers from 30 yards that he just picks up, when the opposition have a decent looking shot that looks to be heading towards the goal I just fully expect it to go in.

No thanks...didnt even dive for either....not an improvement on Pickford who needs stronger competition or replacing permanently

I don’t think Olsen was bought to replace Pickford in the long term, he has been brought in to put enough pressure on him so that he knuckles down and starts to iron out the issues in his game. If Pickford doesn’t find away to stop making mistakes then we will sell him on and bring in a recognised No. 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.