2020/21 Robin Olsen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo did not drop Pickford, he rotated him and then told the bemused media that he always does this with his goalkeepers. I was bemused as well but now I understand his policy. When you think about it, if you do not have a top class first choice, it is a good idea to rotate, cos it keeps the two not very good keepers on their toes.
It is not a good idea to play a clearly worse player.

It is a myth that competition makes players better. In the long run, it makes players insecure, and makes them get a fairly rigid pattern of action. Eventually, motivation will decrease dramatically.

The problem Olsen will have, is he will be judged on each individual game
IF he is given a start he needs games to be able for us to judge him

I for one will afford him time

Conceded two, saved I think two as well. Couldn't do a whole lot on the two that went in.

Referee has had a shocker in the last minute of that half and it is 2-1 at the break. Still seen nothing in a solid two years to suggest he isn't better than Pickford.

Conceded two, saved I think two as well. Couldn't do a whole lot on the two that went in.

Referee has had a shocker in the last minute of that half and it is 2-1 at the break. Still seen nothing in a solid two years to suggest he isn't better than Pickford.
The 2 v him if any have not seen them

Pickford would be slaughtered for both those goals, just saying
The first one maybe. But to me that's in the category of one he should maybe save but isn't a big deal if he doesn't, so long as they don't always go in. With Pickford they just about always go in and that's when you have issues.

He could have stretched his arms out maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.