Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are those circumstance every club had the World Cup to deal with.
Europa League. A spate of unprecedented injuries. Loan deals that didn't work out.

We dont have the first and if we steer clear of the other two we can really take a fight to the top teams in this league. We know that because they've done it before.

Surely you cannot deny that it is the truth? Cira 2011, our club was in absolute disarray, we were in a period in which we went 2 and a half years without signing a first team player. Kenwright was under pressure from fan groups. What did it take to dissipate that pressure? All it took was for us to go 1-0 up against Aston Villa. The club knew that if they put Kenwrights face up just after we scored a goal that it would result in everyone forgetting how bad things were. Hey, it doesn't matter, we are beating Villa 1-0, what more do you want?

There are loads of other examples as well. Our fan base have an attitude similar to Manchester City's before they won the lottery. It's a loser's mentality, one in which most fans seem happy just as long as relegation is not a possibility.

I don't think I'm personally in any position to judge the lives and decisions of our fan base.

Like I said to Ian, I just don't think calling our fans small time will help you make any progress in my opinion mate. That's all.

Europa League. A spate of unprecedented injuries. Loan deals that didn't work out.

We dont have the first and if we steer clear of the other two we can really take a fight to the top teams in this league. We know that because they've done it before.

Hahaha, it's a wonder you haven't used the fact he's a recent father as an excuse yet mate, or are you keeping it in the bag for a rainy day at home to Bournemouth ?

Look, I hope you're right about the Clown, but the odds really are stacked against you both (and a few others)...

It's not exactly ancient history is it?

This time last season we were wondering if he'd be head hunted.

Ho fickle the world of football can be. :oops:
It isn't relevant today. Last season is more relevant than what he done previously. Lets use his relegation before he took us over as well then?

And I 100% agree with you the EL is a total waste of time, no money in it and doesn't add to the attraction of joining us. Like I say 100% agree this squad is capable of that. This Squad

21 wins out of 38 games...sounds like this new chairman would have found his manager already in place.

If he had a time machine he might have found that guy.

Unfortunatly he'd be stuck with a manager who won 12 in 38 games but 30 in 38 passing between the defence and keeper wins.

So you reckon they are going to get shut of Bilic ? Before the wonderful Martinez goes, I think the odds will be a a lot shorter on Martinez.

I think the owners at Newcastle and West Ham have been a lot quicker to sack their manager than the Everton board.

I don't think that McLaren will be able to improve very much on Pardew's record, or Bilic on Allardyce's record.

But there is usually one team that exceeds expectations - perhaps it will be Everton.

Hahaha, it's a wonder you haven't used the fact he's a recent father as an excuse yet mate, or are you keeping it in the bag for a rainy day at home to Bournemouth ?
Look, I hope you're right about the Clown, but the odds really are stacked against you both (and a few others)...

Not a great attitude to have toward an Everton manager really, and it sort of casts doubt on your hope he'll kick on again.

Unfortunatly he'd be stuck with a manager who won 12 in 38 games but 30 in 38 passing between the defence and keeper wins.
Beter average points total than any Everton manager so far.

Stats and all that....

We have a miserly, tight-fisted owner,
Do bi-monthly sackings give you boners?
If you're gonna get stroppy
When waters get choppy,
Then go and support Barceloner

I acknowledge last season as a very poor one...but there were extenuating circumstances that wont be there next season.

The only real difference between you and me is that I'm prepared to see whether last season or the season before were the blips...you have already prejudged it.

I know who I think is being unreasonable.

Either you don't know what extenuating circumstances means or you're off your rocker.

Martinez decides the players that come in, it is absolutely not an extenuating circumstance that those players did not perform to the desired standard. Unless you're happy to admit that the players who do work out were also out of his control...

Dear lord, do not watch this movie.

And I 100% agree with you the EL is a total waste of time, no money in it and doesn't add to the attraction of joining us.

I'd agree that being in the EL doesn't make us attractive to players, but saying there's no money in it is just daft.
We'll have got about 3 million Euros in prize money or about 2.2 million pounds

Gate revenue for 5 matches at say an average of £25 with a gate of 20,000 would be something like 2.5 million ( not sure if we keep all that or not to be fair )

So something between 4.5 and 5 million pounds by my reckoning . If that's right it's the equivalent of finishing 7th instead of 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.