Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 10626

200w.gif
Created a football club out of nothing at Swansea, won a trophy at backwoods Wigan.

More hits than misses on that CV.

Those facts along with the Everton record PL points total are uncomfortable for you, so I'm not surprised you ignore them.

He's here and you lost.

Simple as that.

Rodgers will go due to having a board with ambition, the only thing that will get rid of Martinez is fan power but due to a small time nature of a good chunk of our fans we are happy to exist, whilst we dream of signing Lennon, Cleverley and some other has beens or even never beens.

You have issues mate.

Created a football club out of nothing at Swansea, won a trophy at backwoods Wigan.

Those facts along with the Everton record PL points total are uncomfortable for you, so I'm not surprised you ignore them.

He's here and you lost.

Simple as that.
Correct we spent most of last season losing

Yeah cracking post, calling a good chunk of our fans small time.

Surely you cannot deny that it is the truth? Cira 2011, our club was in absolute disarray, we were in a period in which we went 2 and a half years without signing a first team player. Kenwright was under pressure from fan groups. What did it take to dissipate that pressure? All it took was for us to go 1-0 up against Aston Villa. The club knew that if they put Kenwrights face up just after we scored a goal that it would result in everyone forgetting how bad things were. Hey, it doesn't matter, we are beating Villa 1-0, what more do you want?

There are loads of other examples as well. Our fan base have an attitude similar to Manchester City's before they won the lottery. It's a loser's mentality, one in which most fans seem happy just as long as relegation is not a possibility.

He's here and you lost.

Simple as that.
Is that like you're not acknowledging last season, even this morning in sure you stated 2013/14 wins in the league as an argument, which is pointless as most people who have a problem with Martinez see that season as his top flight anomaly. Which if you look at it statistically us undeniable. He won't be sacked before Christmas I agree and if we get much better then great. If we don't improve which is what I expect he's a gonna. I would've hoped

Doesn't show much respect to fellow Evertonians in my opinion. That's it really.

But good luck in your crusade mate. I just think there are better ways to make your point.
When you see Evertonians giving bigger cheers for Liverpool getting to led than they did in Goodson for most of the season then on the back of it have fan polls that suggest 50% of our fan base are happy with Martinez that's where I make that judgement from.

Is that like you're not acknowledging last season, even this morning in sure you stated 2013/14 wins in the league as an argument, which is pointless as most people who have a problem with Martinez see that season as his top flight anomaly. Which if you look at it statistically us undeniable. He won't be sacked before Christmas I agree and if we get much better then great. If we don't improve which is what I expect he's a gonna. I would've hoped
I acknowledge last season as a very poor one...but there were extenuating circumstances that wont be there next season.

The only real difference between you and me is that I'm prepared to see whether last season or the season before were the blips...you have already prejudged it.

I know who I think is being unreasonable.

I acknowledge last season as a very poor one...but there were extenuating circumstances that wont be there next season.

The only real difference between you and me is that I'm prepared to see whether last season or the season before were the blips...you have already prejudged it.

I know who I think is being unreasonable.
What are those circumstance every club had the World Cup to deal with.

Surely you cannot deny that it is the truth? Cira 2011, our club was in absolute disarray, we were in a period in which we went 2 and a half years without signing a first team player. Kenwright was under pressure from fan groups.
Our fan base have an attitude similar to Manchester City's before they won the lottery. It's a loser's mentality, one in which most fans seem happy just as long as relegation is not a possibility.

Whilst I understand and don't overtly disagree with the feelings you express, I'd say it's perhaps a tad overstated. Yes, without a doubt and absolutely unanimously (I hope), no Evertonian would want to see us relegated... Equally, we are all desperate to be a. Ultra competitive and b. Winning a trophy more often than once every 20 years.

Investment for the future is the key !

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.