Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem has been this "limbo" period, Martinez not starting work till Monday, players away till Wednesday.

I think once he gets back, gets the players back, things will start moving in the right direction.

I'm all over the place on Martinez.

When he looked like getting the job, I was firmly of the belief that he wasn't good enough. Then I heard him talking about the club, and felt like he "got it", and I became much more positive.

Now, with the calibre of names we're being linked with (not to mention the increasing likelihood that we're about to lose our two best players, while Roberto is off presenting for ESPN), I'm back to being gravely concerned that he thinks he still at a club of Wigan's level.

Desperately hope I'm proven wrong.

they are names coming out of the papers' mouth though - not his. you surely can't judge him on that?

Martinez is on his holiday leave and this booking was already booked, he will still be working behind the scenes, he cannot help it tho if Baines and Fellaini go, he already come out and said he wants both players to stay.

to be honest, the ESPN thing is the least of my concerns regarding the future at the moment. The rest of the post was much more relevant.

I think the problem has been this "limbo" period, Martinez not starting work till Monday, players away till Wednesday.

I think once he gets back, gets the players back, things will start moving in the right direction.

This.

It feels very much like limbo but should hopefully feel a bit more settled in the next couple of weeks.

they are names coming out of the papers' mouth though - not his. you surely can't judge him on that?

Hence saying i hope i'm proven wrong.

However, I learned long ago that as an Everton fan, if you assume most bad rumours are true and most really good ones are false, you won't be far off the mark.

Martinez is on his holiday leave and this booking was already booked, he will still be working behind the scenes, he cannot help it tho if Baines and Fellaini go, he already come out and said he wants both players to stay.

Both those players were gonna be up for transfer speculation even if Moyes stayed. They're top class footballers not playing champions league. Us, the RS, Spurs will all have their best players being looked at.

In a way, Moyes did him a big favour there the other day putting that ten bob bid in for Baines. We all now know our onions on that feller and his real feel for this club.

In a way, Moyes did him a big favour there the other day putting that ten bob bid in for Baines. We all now know our onions on that feller and his real feel for this club.

If you honestly believe that at Utd, Moyes will have control over the sums of money, and fee negotiations for players, you're out of your mind.

The fact that he's come back to bid for baines is a charge that can be levelled at Moyes... the fact that the bid was low isn't.

If you honestly believe that at Utd, Moyes will have control over the sums of money, and fee negotiations for players, you're out of your mind.

The fact that he's come back to bid for baines is a charge that can be levelled at Moyes... the fact that the bid was low isn't.

No director of football at United is there? So to believe Moyes didn't value Baines must mean you believe the new head bean counter at United determines a footballer's worth over and above the manager.

No director of football at United is there? So to believe Moyes didn't value Baines must mean you believe the new head bean counter at United determines a footballer's worth over and above the manager.

If I was going to guess, Moyes will give his valuation on the player - as in, what is the MAXIMUM he'd be willing to pay for that player. Negotiations from there will be handled by their Chief Exec. You really think he's then gonna come in and bid that maximum amount right off? Not sure what their shareholders would say about that.

I think the enormity of his decision to join Utd has just hit Moyes.

I don't know how true the promise not to come sniffing for our players was but he always was a bit of a naive soul old Moyesie doubtless overwhelmed by fergie whispering "it's you!" he's got there and suddenly realised he'll be lucky to get 6 months plus let alone 6 years plus as he had here.

The words "feck Bill, feck Everton" probably babbled rabidly from his trembling frothing gob as he told the Utd hierarchy "get Baines....GET FECKIN' BAINES!!".

His ring must be twitching ten to the dozen at the realisation .... feck him the lieing get.

Status
Not open for further replies.