Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres our squad of top players:

Im sorry but maybe these guys are good enough for a top 4 squad but i dont think so:

Howard
Robles
Hibbert
Oviedo
Gibson
Osman
Naismith
McAleny
Pienaar
McGeady
Kone

Those players aren't good enough on their own for a top half finish for me.
Top 4? Then I would look at including a few others in your list that are overrated by many supporters. Harsh but the truth.
And I don't mean a flukey one season wonder top 4 finish.I am talking about regular contending.

No its just that you are looking at the negatives and giving us no credit for the win. Yes we concede chances but try looking at the chances we created also then it will be a more balanced view.

When we give a poor side like Newcastle too much time, space and concede chances while creating only a few clear ones of our own then it's a bad day at the office. Thrown on the back of another four games just like it too. Thankfully luck was in our side for once.

I'll look at negatives if that's what I want cos I'm not arsed about coming across as 'balanced'. I say it as I see it.

Not arsed how, three points is three points and Martinez deserves credit for a win.

Quite right mate neither am I, a wins a win and he should take the credit for Our wins...all six of them...3 Vs the bottom 3; 1 Vs the worst Chelsea side for years.

But I'd rather he shaped himself and did something about the 8 draws and 4 loses

The top 4 specs are a lottery and any one can get in...but it won't be us.

Bossed them in that opening 20 mins because we closed everything down in midfield in a flash

Then we seemed to drop off 10 yards and allowed them to start getting into it

Weird

My opinion of the manager doesn't change because we got a last second goal against a side in the bottom three.

A better manager could do so much with this squad of players, it is such a shame that under this board no pressure is on him to do anything.

easy to say "bottom 3" though isn't it, what about saying "have outplayed,outfought Liverpool and won 2-0 ,and went down to white hart lane and beat an inform top 6 side on their own patch",wouldn't fit the agenda then I suppose.
we're a good side playing good football,far better than 12 months ago,Martinez is doing a good job and it seems to me the club is moving in the right direction.I'll take a 1-0 win away from home any day of the week personally

Apart from one or two games (particularly Man Utd) I feel we haven't been outclassed at all this season, very rarely do we come away thinking 'yeah they were simply better than us'

I forgive the United performance as the whole club had been stunned with the news that morning and it was reflected in that first half.

Spurs was the only game this season where I felt we were totally outclassed.

Even though City were clearly better than us, we had weathered the stirs and were getting a toehold in the game before those two calamitous errors cigs us two goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.