Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soz abar me @chicoazul

image.png

Appreciate not everybody is keen on Martinez but the fact we've dominated games recently says his tactics have been working.

Can't help but feel the players have to take accountability sometimes for not taking the clear chances. (Swansea, Norwich palace comes to mind) by no means is he perfect but we go away from home now and have a go at teams rather than hoping for a point. Had we not won today he'd have got grief but we dominated most parts and don't take chances. I love Rom but he should have bagged today and killed the game at Norwich.

Also thought his decision to rest Deulofeu for Stoke was justified by a decent Lennon performance.

--

Regardless of whether you're a fan of Martinez or not. At least he will change things if he deems necessary and you can always see there is some sort of plan, even if it doesn't pay off. You can see what is being attempted rather than just having one plan. (Moyes had no other plan)

Still a relatively inexperienced Manager is Martinez, give him the time that Moyes has had and think we'll be challenging with the boards backing. Won chance we'd have Lukaku, deulofeu, Mori (who I really rate will go far)...

For what it's worth I was very sceptical when we appointed him. As much as my Wigan mates loved him, I think he's done a good job so far and is improving. Seems to have taken feedback from players on board. (Would mouse have done this?)

Appreciate not everybody is keen on Martinez but the fact we've dominated games recently says his tactics have been working.

Can't help but feel the players have to take accountability sometimes for not taking the clear chances. (Swansea, Norwich palace comes to mind) by no means is he perfect but we go away from home now and have a go at teams rather than hoping for a point. Had we not won today he'd have got grief but we dominated most parts and don't take chances. I love Rom but he should have bagged today and killed the game at Norwich.

Also thought his decision to rest Deulofeu for Stoke was justified by a decent Lennon performance.

--

Regardless of whether you're a fan of Martinez or not. At least he will change things if he deems necessary and you can always see there is some sort of plan, even if it doesn't pay off. You can see what is being attempted rather than just having one plan. (Moyes had no other plan)

Still a relatively inexperienced Manager is Martinez, give him the time that Moyes has had and think we'll be challenging with the boards backing. Won chance we'd have Lukaku, deulofeu, Mori (who I really rate will go far)...

For what it's worth I was very sceptical when we appointed him. As much as my Wigan mates loved him, I think he's done a good job so far and is improving. Seems to have taken feedback from players on board. (Would mouse have done this?)

Apart from one or two games (particularly Man Utd) I feel we haven't been outclassed at all this season, very rarely do we come away thinking 'yeah they were simply better than us'. Clearly our system is working well to a large extent, just need to be a bit more clinical and wise up a bit at the back (which I'm sure will improve somewhat with the return of our captain). Not to mention our squad is improving every window.

Put together a little run now and it's exciting times. Boberto is the man, bring on the 32% win percentage crew.

Apart from one or two games (particularly Man Utd) I feel we haven't been outclassed at all this season, very rarely do we come away thinking 'yeah they were simply better than us'. Clearly our system is working well to a large extent, just need to be a bit more clinical and wise up a bit at the back (which I'm sure will improve somewhat with the return of our captain). Not to mention our squad is improving every window.

Put together a little run now and it's exciting times. Boberto is the man, bring on the 32% win percentage crew.

That United game came with a massive dark cloud over it.

Outclassed would not be the right description.

Outplayed I will concede...but it's not a surprise considering.

I've heard the phrase blinded by ambition, but you've been blinded by agenda.
My opinion of the manager doesn't change because we got a last second goal against a side in the bottom three.

A better manager could do so much with this squad of players, it is such a shame that under this board no pressure is on him to do anything.

It annoys me when people keep saying how good this "squad" is....the squad is massively limited.

The team still needs 3 players itself and the squad past around 8 or 9 players is very poor.

My opinion of the manager doesn't change because we got a last second goal against a side in the bottom three.

A better manager could do so much with this squad of players, it is such a shame that under this board no pressure is on him to do anything.

But you're not even happy about winning. You understand the definition of the word "supporter" right?

Heres our squad of top players:

GK -- ??? /???
RB -- Coleman / ???
RCB -- Stones / ???
LCB -- Jagielka /Mori / Galloway
LB - Baines / ???
DM -- Barry / McCarthy /Besic
CM -- Cleverley / ???
AM - Barkley / ???
LW -- ??? / ???
CF -- Lukaku / ???
RW -- Deulofeu / Lennon

Thats a list of the players who i personally rate as being good enough in terms of having a "Great Squad". Ive put lennon in there but omitted Mirallas as i think hes off anyway and left out Garbutt as hes on loan and Browning as hes out till next season.

Its 10 players short of real depth and quality.

Why do people keep saying we have a great squad? We are so weak in many areas...

Im sorry but maybe these guys are good enough for a top 4 squad but i dont think so:

Howard
Robles
Hibbert
Oviedo
Gibson
Osman
Naismith
McAleny
Pienaar
McGeady
Kone

How on earth do we have a "Great Squad"???

Martinez is gradually improving the first eleven and bringing in short term depth as a quick fix window to window....but hes still got a way to go yet before we have a "Great Squad".

Honestly its like some people think we should be Barcelona the way they talk of our squad...WE HAVE NOT GOT A GREAT SQUAD

That squad and the way they play are largely down to Martinez. He makes Ross and Stones regular starters. He buys McCarthy, Lukaku, Del, Besic, Mores, Lennon, and Cleverly. We won today. Get a grip.

It annoys me when people keep saying how good this "squad" is....the squad is massively limited.

The team still needs 3 players itself and the squad past around 8 or 9 players is very poor.
I agree. Many overrate their team's players. Too many "average" types befitting of our "average" position on the table, which rarely lies.
Still some rebuilding for Roberto to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.