Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what it is all about. Bottom line.

Winning trophies. Nothing else matters.
Yes it is. I agree. I have all along maintained that I'd love the cup this season.

But you can't honestly be happy with heading towards two consecutive lower-half-of-the-table finishes as well. I appreciate there's a few games to go but that's the way it's looking like going.

Trying to look at the whole picture of league and cups.

1st March 2015

Are we all pretending "there won't be any hiding place for him" refers to Davek's own feelings rather than what is an entirely accurate assessment of overall fan sentiment? This really isn't as big a deal as everyone is pretending.

I would argue the blokes lack of pressing in games is also a major factor as to why we are poor. Leicester and spurs in the top 2 positions both have sides full of athletes and pace. I think if we are to improve next season he has to sign 2-3 players who basically can press the opposition and run round like headless chickens for 90 minutes.

Leicester succeed in that they seem to never tire, likewise Spurs have players like Walker, Dier, Rose, Kane who are all athletes.

Sadly this cardio is also worked on by the manager which obviously we don't do considering how dead on our feet we are after 70 odd minutes.

I would argue the blokes lack of pressing in games is also a major factor as to why we are poor. Leicester and spurs in the top 2 positions both have sides full of athletes and pace. I think if we are to improve next season he has to sign 2-3 players who basically can press the opposition and run round like headless chickens for 90 minutes.

Leicester succeed in that they seem to never tire, likewise Spurs have players like Walker, Dier, Rose, Kane who are all athletes.

Sadly this cardio is also worked on by the manager which obviously we don't do considering how dead on our feet we are after 70 odd minutes.
McCarthy came with the idea that he's that "yard dog" that chases everything and everyone, and he did in the first season...

Wonder what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.