Right now this club is a shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Worst team in a generation
  • Worst football in a generation
  • Worst manager in a generation
  • Our best player hounded out to the margins of the club
  • Good young players going backwards in their development
  • Players embarrassing the club on the pitch in front of the whole of the continent
  • Biggest transfer war-chest in the club's history flushed down the toilet
  • Ineffective leadership off the pitch from the club chairman, CEO and owner
  • Stadium situation looking less than green for go
We've stepped back in a time machine and this is the late 90s again.
Good post mate, add leadership on the pitch to that list also

Ooh look somebody is enjoying themselves.

Shame you weren't as observant of the goings on under the last season of Martinez lol

We have been a shambles for 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

It wasnt as bad as it is now. At least Martinez didn't change the team every game and he had a bit more passion about the club than Ronnie Richardhead does

I've said for all of my 40 years in the game that 90% of footballing success is confidence.

Look at Vardy, for example. Did he make a massive leap in skills and aptitude to go from lower leagues to champion? No. He git a chance, took it and gained confidence.

Did our struggling 80s team learn skills overnight to go from abjectly frustrating to fa cup winners then champions? No they had a run of luck that gave them confidence and swagger.

Everton will always struggle until the pitch side fans shut up in their frustrations and become supporters.

Perhaps goodison * is the leader we're crying out for.

*ffs first time I typed goodison my auto correct changed it to hoodoo. Says it all.

It could very easily be different.

I'm not buying into the doom and gloom, but this side is drastically under performing and we have to learn from the mistakes of the Martinez era - one way or another, it can't be allowed to continue.

Compounding all of this is/was the heightened expectation brought about by the early summer transfer deals.

Things aren't good at the moment, let's hope the manager is shown the door sooner rather than later so we can get someone in to steady the ship before January. This is a poor league outside the top 6 though, and we have some very talented players in the squad, despite the way you are trying to dress it up.
Combined, this is the nub of the matter. The money spent was enormous, and while you cant expect to be top 4 we needed to be competitive at the top end of the table.

We are miles worse off than that and having spent £200M in the last 15 months or so.

This is a catastrophe in football terms. We cant carry on like we are now. Something has to give.

It wasnt as bad as it is now. At least Martinez didn't change the team every game and he had a bit more passion about the club than Ronnie Richardhead does

Oh puuuuurlease lol

really short memory syndrome is a nice thing to have when you need it.

it was every bit as bad my friend! unless you consider losing 3-0 to Sunderland, having the worst home record since the dawn of time and the players throwing the towel in at Anfield in a 4-0 humiliation where they had about 100 shots on target as not that bad, in which case I am wasting my time responding to you.

All very well listing the problems but the question still is, and and has been for some time..how can we progress with the same incompetents at board level we have had to put up with for the past 25 or so years? Failed to get rid of Moyes when he'd hit the glass ceiling, employed a guy who apart from ONE season served up some of the most turgid football I've seen in over 50 years of watching the blues and then waited too long to sack him, never provided the funds for a cf last summer, and set their sights on a manager whose only previous achievements were in the Dutch league. We have constantly been lied to regarding the clubs ambitions imo...Moshiri included and it seems all the board want is to remain in the prem(and miserably failing at even that atm). I have no confidence in them to find a decent manager who will take us forward even when rk goes. We cannot sack the board as fans, so where do we go from here? Relegation probably?? Is that too pessimistic? We need proper solutions and realistic targets/achievements ...sooner rather than later..how will this be done????

Status
Not open for further replies.