Right back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, could be Christmas if we are lucky

The reports are saying 6 months, but then he will need to get up to full fitness and will probably play a bit of reserve football for a few weeks. Reckon christmas is the earliest but still think we wont see him in the first team lineup until Jan/Feb 2018 - be brilliant if its before that.

This is what happens when you don't sign right back!

We wanted byram a season a go yet for some reason decided not to pursue another since

No square pegs in round holes.

Kenny should play full back as that's his position.
Holgate should still be used as a right sided centre half (as prt of a 3), or back up to kenny if he is not cutting it.

The reason we have an academy and invest years on nurturing players is so they are ready to come in and do a job. If this isn't Kennys opportunity then we'll never know if he can make it and might as well bin him off.

Proper devastated about Coleman tho. Feels like he's my mate

Pennington Williams Mori in a back three with Holgate and Baines at wing back for me. Jagielka is too slow for a back 3 I think and Koeman has gone on record that Pennington is the closest to the first team out of the u23's.

...if I remember rightly, United have played Ashley Young there, the Reds play Milner at LB.
Cant imagine Mirallas being disciplined enough for it, and I dont think Lookman looks like he has a challenge in him either.

We have to play Holgate or throw Kenny in. The season is gone anyway (7th is the best we'll get and WBA are going to struggle to pass us if anyone's concerned about the 7th place trophy), so we may as well give these lads a chance to see how they fit into a team. It's a team with confidence so its exactly the right time to blood them.

Cant imagine Mirallas being disciplined enough for it, and I dont think Lookman looks like he has a challenge in him either.

We have to play Holgate or throw Kenny in. The season is gone anyway (7th is the best we'll get and WBA are going to struggle to pass us if anyone's concerned about the 7th place trophy), so we may as well give these lads a chance to see how they fit into a team. It's a team with confidence so its exactly the right time to blood them.

...your point was that top sides have appropriate cover in full back positions, my point is that United and the Reds have makeshift options. You said only the bottom sides don't have cover and Everton are like the bottom sides.

...your point was that top sides have appropriate cover in full back positions, my point is that United and the Reds have makeshift options. You said only the bottom sides don't have cover and Everton are like the bottom sides.
They're makeshift options that make sense because those players are disciplined and aggressive enough to step in and do the full range of that position up and down the pitch. We have CBs who might fulfil the defensive side of the position but can get further up the pitch.

Your looking at January I'd say although it can be sooner or later depending on the recovery and how well the operation goes. Further scans may be needed to get a correct time

Doubt we will ever ever see the old seamus ever again after this. He was already starting to lose a yard of pace

Top right back needed in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.