2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dynamics of this deal are going to be interesting, looking at it from an Everton welfare point of view and the scope and meaning for us.

Say we accept £60 mill, his book price is 14 mill, in accounting terms that means we make a £46 mill profit, if Watfords 10% of the overall deal is true that means we make £40 million net in profit - not that great when you consider our innital outlay on him.

How much scope does it give us in the window, i think its important to remember this is profit but not necessarily profit for transfers, how much we actually have to spend depends on the scale of our losses as a club, we made £120 mill in losses in out last set accounts, likely at the end of this financial year its somewhere between £50-70 mill, so that £40 million comes of our losses if received today or tomorrow. So you then apply £10-30 odd mill loss to FFP, and you may have 20- 30 odd mill mill scope to play with for new transfers. Other good news is we have cleared about 30 mill in wages and costs to take on new players in the new financial year (42 million if Richarilison goes).

Its important to remember, that £10-30 odd million budget isn't net i.e. money coming in and money coming out (it is in real terms) but from an accounting and regulatory point of view deals are looked at from a multi year point of view.

For example, our three highest earners: Mina costs 11.9 million pre year, Gomes 10.5 mill, Sigurdsson 14.10 - so that's under a budget of 35 mill in costs annually. The rub is you have to pay that every year of their contract, so you need to make sure you have the budget next year to, your adding 35 million to your cost base every year.

Its why i dont think a deal of 60 mill is that good for Everton, certainly for the worth and value of the lad to us - not to mention strengthening a rival.

That's my take anyhow @Zatara will have crack now in a second!

Last edited:
The dynamics of this deal are going to be interesting, looking at from an Everton welfare point of view and the scope and meaning for us.

Say we accept £60 mill, his book price is 14 mill, in accounting terms that means we £46 mill profit, if Watfords 10% of the overall deal is true that means we make £40 million net in profit - not that great when you consider our innital outlay on him.

How much scope does it give us in the window, i think its important to remember this is profit but not necessarily profit for transfers, how much we actually have to spend depends on the scale of our losses as a club, we made £120 mill in losses in out last set accounts, likely at the end of this financial year its somewhere between £50-70 mill, so that £40 million comes of our losses if received today or tomorrow. So you then apply £10-30 odd mill loss to FFP, and you may have 20- 30 odd mill mill scope to play with for new transfers. Other good news is we have cleared about 30 mill in wages to take on new players in the new financial year (42 million if Richarilison goes).

Its important to remember, that £10-30 odd million budget isn't net i.e. money coming in and money coming out (it is in real terms) but from an accounting and regulatory point of view deals are looked at from a multi year point of view.

For example, our three highest earners: Mina costs 11.9 million pre year, Gomes 10.5 mill, Sigurdsson 14.10 - so that's under a budget of 35 mill in costs annually. The rub is you have to pay that every year of their contract, so you need to make sure you have the budget next year to, your adding 35 million to your cost base every year.

Its why i dont think a deal of 60 mill is that good for Everton, certainly for the worth and value of the lad to us - not to mention strengthening a rival.

Watford get 10% of anything over 40m. Not 10% of overall sale.

They're not 'completrely different players' though are they? They have the same tasks to complete and are comparable. It's not about style of play.

And in terms of value to the team in goals, assists and overall workrate and importance to the team Richarlison even edges out Firmino.

Stop assisting a rip off.

Thing is Dave it's about a few factors.

Does the player want to leave - yes.
Is his contract st the point that if we don't sell this window then his price decreases exponentially over the next two windows - yes.
Is there a 'bidding war' on the player - no.
Are we in the situation that to rebuild the squad we need to generate significant funds - yes.
Dies the manager want to do a major rebuild - yes.
Do we have issues around finances at the club which means a large sale gives us massive breathing space - yes.
Is he replaceable - yes (I believe Gordon will show he's better over the next two seasons)
Is he the key player in the team - no (Pickford is more vital, as I believe is DCL (healthy) and Gordon soon.

Overall yes I'd love a massive fee, but I think 60m if (big if) well spent, is more beneficial to the team than holding out for a fee we may not receive and keeping him and being very restricted on what we can do incoming wise.

It's not bending over - it's about impartially weighing up the pros and cons of a 60m fee.

How lovely would it be if the new owners had a cunning way around FFP rules and could persuade Richarlison to be the symbol of a New FC Everton? Make him El Capitan and build a team around him capable of challenging for honours.

Dennis would be a good replacement. He was just behind Richy in terms of successful tackle % and interceptions + blocks than him last season but he scored the same amount of goals and one more assist in a worse team. I think he’d be a good addition and he has room to improve and good resale value if we get him for ~20m. Gordon doesn’t have the attacking output of Richy but he matches him in work rate and I think with a fully fit DCL our attacking lineup wouldn’t regress too much. I think Richy going depends on DCL staying fit as much as it does on the replacement.

In regards to the Richy stuff I hope it’s sorted out soon, I hate when deals like this drag out. I understand it’s part of negotiation and we want to get the best price but there’s nothing worse than twiddling your thumbs waiting for heartbreak!

Denis has had major character issues throughout his career, just nit what we need in our present situation.

Gordon played 300/400 minutes less than Richy last season and removing pens scored 4 to Richys 7, half of this games from Richy where at cf too whilst Gordon played out of position on the right.

We are seriously overestimating the gap between these two scoring wise. Especially as one was in his first proper season at this level and it showed on his Stamina post 60 mins.

We don't need to buy a Richy replacement for the left - we move Gordon over to his best position and I'm sure he'll match or exceed Richarlisons total of 7

Id be shocked that any Evertonian would want Dennis or even consider him to be a potential replacement.

Its utter madness.

The dynamics of this deal are going to be interesting, looking at from an Everton welfare point of view and the scope and meaning for us.

Say we accept £60 mill, his book price is 14 mill, in accounting terms that means we £46 mill profit, if Watfords 10% of the overall deal is true that means we make £40 million net in profit - not that great when you consider our innital outlay on him.

How much scope does it give us in the window, i think its important to remember this is profit but not necessarily profit for transfers, how much we actually have to spend depends on the scale of our losses as a club, we made £120 mill in losses in out last set accounts, likely at the end of this financial year its somewhere between £50-70 mill, so that £40 million comes of our losses if received today or tomorrow. So you then apply £10-30 odd mill loss to FFP, and you may have 20- 30 odd mill mill scope to play with for new transfers. Other good news is we have cleared about 30 mill in wages and costs to take on new players in the new financial year (42 million if Richarilison goes).

Im in amazement at the incredibly low fee were apparently negotiating (donating) for Richarlison.

That plus the Dennis / Cornet shouts...

Fair play if it is mate, don’t know the truth of it myself, can readjust the figure probably to about 2mill as opposed to 6mill, there or there abouts. So 4 mill odd readjustment.
Yeah, it doesn't make all that much difference to be honest. It still just a rubbish deal for us

Counterpoint to that is mate - if we don't sell him how does the financial scope for buying players look?

Kean will go too almost certainly - loan fees for some will offset/partially offset there annual costs (Gomes for example)

So I expect us to have a solid ammount to reinvest - the following years spread costs ofc have to be factored in - but to a large degree that will be taken care of by the likes of Mina, Gomes, Allan etc contracts running down then out which removes the wages and the annual cost of their initial fee

If he signs for spurs (or any other of the scab 6), what do you reckon the odds are that any punishment for the flare gets dropped?

Thing is Dave it's about a few factors.

Does the player want to leave - yes.
Is his contract st the point that if we don't sell this window then his price decreases exponentially over the next two windows - yes.
Is there a 'bidding war' on the player - no.
Are we in the situation that to rebuild the squad we need to generate significant funds - yes.
Dies the manager want to do a major rebuild - yes.
Do we have issues around finances at the club which means a large sale gives us massive breathing space - yes.
Is he replaceable - yes (I believe Gordon will show he's better over the next two seasons)
Is he the key player in the team - no (Pickford is more vital, as I believe is DCL (healthy) and Gordon soon.

Overall yes I'd love a massive fee, but I think 60m if (big if) well spent, is more beneficial to the team than holding out for a fee we may not receive and keeping him and being very restricted on what we can do incoming wise.

It's not bending over - it's about impartially weighing up the pros and cons of a 60m fee.
The club we're dealing with here:

...same difference really over their stance on Kane...Kane was coming toward the end of his contract signed in 2018, the player wanted to go, City valued him at £100M, Levy valued him at £150M. Levy also argued they needed top whack to rebuild the squad after Kane's departure.

No compromise and no deal.

So, what's sauce for the goose.....

Status
Not open for further replies.