2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of obligation don’t they often disclose though mate, anecdotally I think they do rather then not, officially on their own sites and media. Unless it’s a poor value deal.
No mate, it is hardly ever disclosed. You can go off reported fees but they hardly ever disclose them, just take a look back through the deals of last window etc in the PL for when they are officially announced.

Obviously each club can get the fee out in different ways, but hardly ever officially

The club we're dealing with here:

...same difference really over their stance on Kane...Kane was coming toward the end of his contract signed in 2018, the player wanted to go, City valued him at £100M, Levy valued him at £150M. Levy also argued they needed top whack to rebuild the squad after Kane's departure.

No compromise and no deal.

So, what's sauce for the goose.....
That's fine, but Spurs weren't up against it financially like we are.

If Everton want to invest anything notable in players this summer - which is drastically needed - then a sale has to be made.

Counterpoint to that is mate - if we don't sell him how does the financial scope for buying players look?

Kean will go too almost certainly - loan fees for some will offset/partially offset there annual costs (Gomes for example)

So I expect us to have a solid ammount to reinvest - the following years spread costs ofc have to be factored in - but to a large degree that will be taken care of by the likes of Mina, Gomes, Allan etc contracts running down then out which removes the wages and the annual cost of their initial fee

That’s a very fair point mate and I’d accept it, personally I think we made a deal with him last summer that we would let him leave and honouring that, I’ve accepted he’s going, but I think the deal is soft, so I’d be harder with a view of getting as close to 80 mill as I could, obviously negotiating that. Or else I’d be a obstructive, like Spurs were with Kane last season, or say how Swansea were with us…Spurs have a very volatile manager so I’d be triggering that.

To answer your questions, without a sale the budget is tight, with the scope in wages you may have some wiggle room in terms of one deal, two loans and the likes of a Tarowoski loan - basically a Moyes window! lol But of course you are keeping Richarilson and that has worth.

Would you trust Everton to pull off a Moyes window? Probably not….But then would trust us not to waste a 30-40 mill in costs budget, I probably wouldn’t either….

It’s a soft deal overall for me weighing it all up, it’s not game changing for us and I think we will be working hard to improve on what we’ve lost to what we will gain, not impossible, but won’t be easy and our record is rotten in player trading.

Last edited:
They're not 'completrely different players' though are they? They have the same tasks to complete and are comparable. It's not about style of play.

And in terms of value to the team in goals, assists and overall workrate and importance to the team Richarlison even edges out Firmino.

Stop assisting a rip off.
One is a winger/wide forward who attacks space and gets on the end of moves, whereas the other is a playmaker. They've also spent their time in England at opposite ends of the table.

That aside, how exactly have you used Liverpool selling Firmino at the peak of his powers to figure out a price for Richarlison, seeing as though the former didn't actually happen?

The club we're dealing with here:

...same difference really over their stance on Kane...Kane was coming toward the end of his contract signed in 2018, the player wanted to go, City valued him at £100M, Levy valued him at £150M. Levy also argued they needed top whack to rebuild the squad after Kane's departure.

No compromise and no deal.

So, what's sauce for the goose.....

Spurs weren't in a financial mess, the player extended his contract - yes they gambled on it but it worked but financially can we afford that gamble.

And most importantly what Kane offered them by keeping him was worth the risk what Richy offers us isn't imo, sad to say as love the guy BUT Sours sell Kane they cannot replace him or close to doing so and it wouldn't greatly effect their incomings overall in quality just maybe numbers. For us no sale restricts us massively

Spurs had the ability to spend still - we really don't

That’s a very fair point mate and I’d accept it, personally I think we made a deal with him last summer that we would let him leave and honouring that, I’ve accepted he’s going, but I think the deal is soft, so I’d be harder on a few of 80 mill. Or else I’d be a obstructive, like Spurs were with Kane last season, or say how Swansea were with us…Spurs have a very volatile manager so I’d be triggering that.

To answer your questions, without a sale the budget is tight, with the scope in wages you may have some wiggle room in terms of one deal, two loans and the likes of a Tarowoski loan - basically a Moyes window! lol But of course you are keeping Richarilson and that has worth.

Would you trust Everton to pull off a Moyes window? Probably not….But then would trust them not to waste a 30-40 mill in costs budget, I probably wouldn’t either….

It’s a soft deal overall for me weighing it all up, it’s not game changing for us and I think we will be working hard to improve on what we’ve lost to what we will gain, not impossible, but won’t be easy and our record is rotten in player trading.

I think Lampard will have been asked - which one can you afford to lose out of the three of DCL, Richy and Pickford mate.

And with Gordon and Gray here he's made the smart choice (given added factors about fees and players wanting to go etc)

One is a winger/wide forward who attacks space and gets on the end of moves, whereas the other is a playmaker. They've also spent their time in England at opposite ends of the table.

That aside, how exactly have you used Liverpool selling Firmino at the peak of his powers to figure out a price for Richarlison, seeing as though the former didn't actually happen?
Also a key thing which people seem to be missing is Richarlison has no European experience, it would be making a huge difference to his value if he did. Firmino has played and won a CL and a PL.

I think Lampard will have been asked - which one can you afford to lose out of the three of DCL, Richy and Pickford mate.

And with Gordon and Gray here he's made the smart choice (given added factors about fees and players wanting to go etc)

Could be mate, honestly think Benetiz with the board approval did a deal with him last summer, suspected it at the time.

Spurs weren't in a financial mess, the player extended his contract - yes they gambled on it but it worked but financially can we afford that gamble.

And most importantly what Kane offered them by keeping him was worth the risk what Richy offers us isn't imo, sad to say as love the guy BUT Sours sell Kane they cannot replace him or close to doing so and it wouldn't greatly effect their incomings overall in quality just maybe numbers. For us no sale restricts us massively

Tbf we'll be hit hard by Richarlison leaving. It all comes down to the financial predicament though. We need a sale, Spurs didn't. We're holding out for what we see as Richarlison's market value. Our financial issues unfortunately mean we can't put a pie in the sky figure like £80-90m on him, because it's simply unrealistic.

Unfortunately for us, Spurs are valuing Richarlison on the state of Everton’s finances plus there doesn’t seem to be anyone else interested.

Denis has had major character issues throughout his career, just nit what we need in our present situation.

Gordon played 300/400 minutes less than Richy last season and removing pens scored 4 to Richys 7, half of this games from Richy where at cf too whilst Gordon played out of position on the right.

We are seriously overestimating the gap between these two scoring wise. Especially as one was in his first proper season at this level and it showed on his Stamina post 60 mins.

We don't need to buy a Richy replacement for the left - we move Gordon over to his best position and I'm sure he'll match or exceed Richarlisons total of 7

By replacement I don’t mean directly for his position. I mean a replacement in the forward line. If he leaves we will need to get a new forward in.

I’d back someone like Lampard to deal with a player with ‘character issues’.

Id be shocked that any Evertonian would want Dennis or even consider him to be a potential replacement.

Its utter madness.

We aren’t blessed at the moment with players that want to join us and he was one of the best performing forwards in the league last year overall and did it for a [Poor language removed] side to boot. His talent is unquestionable.

Well out of our squad Pickford is the main one we have to keep, and i dont think DCL wouold get much of a fee, its a no brainer its Richarlison that goes

Anything less than 65m which is the price the neighbours paid for Nunez is ridiculous IMO, taking into account he’s a proven PL player and first choice Brazilian striker.

Bit gutted he’s going to another PL side, thought a European CL club would have come in for him.

But that’s life! He’s been pretty solid in a poor Everton side for a few seasons now so deserves a crack at playing in the CL, good luck to the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.