2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Sky Sports today…..
6F260359-92E7-4916-9E30-C83CB24ACE7E.jpeg

Pay for my Lobster Daniel darhling and you can have him for £55m, I’ll smooth it with Farhad, and take care of Kopite Kev”

For his workrate and enthusiasm he's worth around 75m imo. Ability wise I'd say he's worth 50-55m so a deal of 60m would seem fair.....BUT it's what his value is to the club and his worth to us in terms of winning matches, so I understand the 80m+ shouts.

He shouldn't be difficult to replace in normal circumstances. Looking for someone who has a great workrate, buys into the club, averages 10 goals a season and 5 assists...surely there's a fair few payers out there for 20-30m across Europe??? The issue we have is that our recruitment is nothing short of an embarrassment so it's absolutely vital Lampard and Thelwell get it absolutely spot on. We simply can't bring in 4/5 players this summer who don't hit the ground running and start offering something from the off and become important 1st team members.

It's no good taking 50m, 60m, 80m if you haven't haven't a clue how to spend it and who to spend it on.

For his workrate and enthusiasm he's worth around 75m imo. Ability wise I'd say he's worth 50-55m so a deal of 60m would seem fair.....BUT it's what his value is to the club and his worth to us in terms of winning matches, so I understand the 80m+ shouts.

He shouldn't be difficult to replace in normal circumstances. Looking for someone who has a great workrate, buys into the club, averages 10 goals a season and 5 assists...surely there's a fair few payers out there for 20-30m across Europe??? The issue we have is that our recruitment is nothing short of an embarrassment so it's absolutely vital Lampard and Thelwell get it absolutely spot on. We simply can't bring in 4/5 players this summer who don't hit the ground running and start offering something from the off and become important 1st team members.

It's no good taking 50m, 60m, 80m if you haven't haven't a clue how to spend it and who to spend it on.
eXCELLENT POST

Dennis would be a good replacement. He was just behind Richy in terms of successful tackle % and interceptions + blocks than him last season but he scored the same amount of goals and one more assist in a worse team. I think he’d be a good addition and he has room to improve and good resale value if we get him for ~20m. Gordon doesn’t have the attacking output of Richy but he matches him in work rate and I think with a fully fit DCL our attacking lineup wouldn’t regress too much. I think Richy going depends on DCL staying fit as much as it does on the replacement.

In regards to the Richy stuff I hope it’s sorted out soon, I hate when deals like this drag out. I understand it’s part of negotiation and we want to get the best price but there’s nothing worse than twiddling your thumbs waiting for heartbreak!

Well at some point we have to sell him or risk losing him on a free.

We can’t stop buying players because we’re scared. We have changed the recruitment team and the manager, they deserve a chance.

Compare him with Firmino, generally recognised as being as important to Liverpool's success as Salah and Mane.

Leaving out Firmino's PL season stats for this season because of injury and comparing his time at Liverpool from season 2017/18 to 2020/21 (4 seasons) with Richarlison's four seasons with Everton:

Firmino - goals scored: 43; goal assists: 18
Richarlison - goals scored: 43; goal assists: 13

...add to that the undoubted fact that Richarlison had much more of a defensive task to also carry out in comparison with Firmino's task to merely press as much as he could and we can see that Richarlison is more valuable.

If Firmino were leaving Liverpool with 2 years left on his contract, age 25 and a Brazil starter he'd be valued way above £80M. Probably £90M to £100M.

It really is time Everton fans started to realise when this club is getting ripped off.

I suspect there's an element of accepting punishment on finances after we 'sinned' by wasting so much cash...but the issues are separate.

Richarlison is easily worth £80M.

From Sky Sports today…..
View attachment 171671
Pay for my Lobster Daniel darhling and you can have him for £55m, I’ll smooth it with Farhad, and take care of Kopite Kev”

For the visually impaired.

Well at some point we have to sell him or risk losing him on a free.

We can’t stop buying players because we’re scared. We have changed the recruitment team and the manager, they deserve a chance.
They deserve a chance with more cash rather than less of it. That's the only debate here. And its seems some people on here wish to hand them less cash than they really should be getting.

It now seems that Chelsea have other targets and that no other club is expressing an interest so we ar left to negotiate with Spurs.
Arsenal may just come with a late bid if they have lost out on Raphina.

Status
Not open for further replies.