2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it reads like, I’ve told them what I want, and the Club has outlined what they are trying to do.

If they deliver on recruitment and a new contract I’ll stay, but if not, I’m off.

I think part of that conversation would have been that if the right offer comes in for both parties then we would shake hands and that would be the end of a great partnership.

Sky cut the interview short.
Reporter. But have you heard your club is in for tarkowski
Richarlison. This pleases me. He's known all around the world. If we could get him from Bayern id stay and play with him.

Delph £92k, Siggy £100k, Tosun £69k, Kenny £15k, Lonergan £5.5k.

Surely there is room to give our Richy a new 6 years contract with a CL club release clause of £100m.

I will also give Mina a new deal but based on available matches he can offer. He is still our best CB.

Hopefully getting rid of Gomes £120k, Gbamin £75k, Keane £69k and Rondón £43k will further beneficial to our overall wage bill.

After that interview am not 100% convinced he is off. Could be he wants new deal with clause he can go to CL team or something like that. Will find out soon enough, don’t want it dragging on all summer.

Lots of clauses i think in those talks. CL. Certain clubs coming in...
Im loathe to lord players up. He's not a world name but he is very important to this club. Found he set the tone in many games last season. Should get a few more narks in like him.

Sky cut the interview short.
Reporter. But have you heard your club is in for tarkowski
Richarlison. This pleases me. He's known all around the world. If we could get him from Bayern id stay and play with him.
Richarlison learnt scouse-English he’s not saying ‘this pleases me’ ?
‘Go ‘Ed Mosh lad he’s dead boss him, get in’

It is always difficult to interpret ambiguous statements in a foreign language but it has to be a good sign that the Brazilian interviewer saw it that way. Hopefully wants a new contract maybe with a release clause?
Yeah, that's what I thought too. Without speaking Portuguese, we're just relying on translations, but the interviewer himself seemed to read Richy's comments in the opposite way to what we all thought here earlier today.

And having watched the whole clip in context, that's how I saw it too. It sounded more like angling for a new, bigger contract, and a real commitment from the club to improve things as quickly as possible. At the very least, it certainly wasn't such an obvious "I want out" statement as what was suggested.

Surely there is room to give our Richy a new 6 years contract with a CL club release clause of £100m.

I will also give Mina a new deal but based on available matches he can offer. He is still our best CB.

Hopefully getting rid of Gomes £120k, Gbamin £75k, Keane £69k and Rondón £43k will further beneficial to our overall wage bill.
Gomes 120k...........that's frightening isn't it? Hope the decision makers for that piece of business are off our books as well. Couldn't make it up.

It is always difficult to interpret ambiguous statements in a foreign language but it has to be a good sign that the Brazilian interviewer saw it that way. Hopefully wants a new contract maybe with a release clause?
Definite little grin on his mug when he said “we’ll see.”

A little more optimistic than I was before I saw the full clip, that’s for sure.

Lots of clauses i think in those talks. CL. Certain clubs coming in...
Im loathe to lord players up. He's not a world name but he is very important to this club. Found he set the tone in many games last season. Should get a few more narks in like him.
Yes- he set the tone, puts it perfectly. There is no stat to show setting the tone xToneSetpGame but it’s where he’s been invaluable

Gomes 120k...........that's frightening isn't it? Hope the decision makers for that piece of business are off our books as well. Couldn't make it up.
Those wages arent real.

Dodgy same as that Sportrac site.

Look at Gordon/Branthwaites salaries lol

Looks like hes spoken with the board and said he'll sign a new deal providing...

A: Release clause for certain clubs e.g Madrid

B: He can see squad improvement

Thelwell has 1 month to deliver or hes on the market in July when preseason starts.

In a world where Championship bottom feeders like Hull can demand £25-30 millions for a yoof player we need to be demanding £80-85 millions for our Brazilian international star man if he does leave.

Other clubs get top whack for their players (Maguire/Grealish/Coutinho) so should we.

Status
Not open for further replies.