2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a huge risk mate, the squad needs so much surgery it’s frightening and only selling him and possibly DCL will give us a chance of fixing it.

If we weren’t in the financial mess then do everything to keep him but the timing is right for him to go

i don’t agree mate we are light years behind i would rather we see what we could do, with frank and him

Reactions: JLW
They just showed the interview on Sky Sports, the interviewers last question was "so it seems like you want to stay then?" and Richi's answer was along the lines of "we shall see"
It is always difficult to interpret ambiguous statements in a foreign language but it has to be a good sign that the Brazilian interviewer saw it that way. Hopefully wants a new contract maybe with a release clause?

Yeah I hope we can keep hold of him as well, not sure how many years left on his contract, ideally if he signed another one it at least protects us from him going for nothing. If we did sell tho I’d hope it could fund 2-3 maybe even 4 good players.

keep him, let’s see what we can do with frank as manager

I think it reads like, I’ve told them what I want, and the Club has outlined what they are trying to do.

If they deliver on recruitment and a new contract I’ll stay, but if not, I’m off.

I think part of that conversation would have been that if the right offer comes in for both parties then we would shake hands and that would be the end of a great partnership.

Have no issue with him wanting parity with our top earners.

Have a massive issue with the fact that some of these players of ours are on £120k at all.
I remember Duncan had a contract clause that meant he would always have parity with the top earner for the duration of his deal. Richy actually deserves that tbh
I really hope he’s told the board and Lampard to strengthen the team and give him a raise and he’ll stay - would make my summer!

After that interview am not 100% convinced he is off. Could be he wants new deal with clause he can go to CL team or something like that. Will find out soon enough, don’t want it dragging on all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.