2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure Marcel Brands sells well...
Screenshot_20210827-082217_Chrome.jpg

Probably his only sales of note.
Agreed , dont think its his forte.

Our only “big” players are Richy and DCL. Both will go for big fees. No one else is a “big” player. Maybe you could squeeze Digne in there at a push.
Well that depends on your definition, doesn't it? I'd class Digne, DCL, James, Richarlison and Pickford at a minimum in that bracket - i.e. good enough that we ought to be worried by the prospect of bids from clubs higher up the pecking order.

Perhaps I chose the wrong word with 'big' - it's a wooly term.

Well that depends on your definition, doesn't it? I'd class Digne, DCL, James, Richarlison and Pickford at a minimum in that bracket - i.e. good enough that we ought to be worried by the prospect of bids from clubs higher up the pecking order.

Perhaps I chose the wrong word with 'big' - it's a wooly term.

High profile? I’m not sure James quite fits though as I don’t think we’d get much for him with his injuries. I don’t think Brands has undersold anyone in my eyes; just struggled to sell trash to a tip.

I'd disagree with that. He has had an unenviable task to shift the deadwood he has on the wages they were on.

Personally think we've been too keen to allow loans/depreciate value.

Mirallas, Walcott etc.

Even the likes of Niasse. Hull, desperate in January window. Fighting relegation. We loan them Niasse with an option to buy at £10m odd?

Just feels to me we've become a soft touch, it's like clubs know we're desperate.

Either way, let's see. If Richarlison is the one PSG want to appease Neymar/replace one of the worlds most expensive/gifted footballers - let's see what fee we'd look to demand.

Just feels to me we've become a soft touch, it's like clubs know we're desperate.
I think that’s the problem this year, we now are desperate.
In years gone by we’ve made big signings by this point. Last year we had Allen, James and Doucoure in before the first game and signed Godfrey for big money too.
This year, after a disappointing season, with a new manager with a different game plan and with the need to improve the squad, we’ve had two free signings and a 1.5m deal.
It’s clear as day we need to sell to buy so us getting a good return for whoever we do sell is a lot more difficult.

Mirallas, Walcott etc.

Even the likes of Niasse. Hull, desperate in January window. Fighting relegation. We loan them Niasse with an option to buy at £10m odd?

Either way, let's see. If Richarlison is the one PSG want to appease Neymar/replace one of the worlds most expensive/gifted footballers - let's see what fee we'd look to demand.
Option to buy is absolutely useless. Make these clubs paid or they can forget about loans. That’s why the dof ain’t doing his job.

Whatever the club demand is nothing because it’s too late in the window and the selling clubs will know Everton are getting desperate.

Last edited:

Mirallas, Walcott etc.

Given the hard ball they've played with Real and the integrity schtick they've peddled, they'll need to offer top dollar and quick to make this deal happen. Firstly they've tried to get one over on us with Kean and we didn't budge so they'll know we won't just buckle. Equally we have to replace one of our best players as quickly as possible in a matter of days. That in my opinion adds a premium to the sale. IMO we shouldn't be selling for anything less than 80million at this stage

No wonder this feller came back from the Olympics talking about "I'll rest when I retire".

We can all see the cynical calculation going on there with a move highly likely. He knew he wasn't staying but didn't want to leave under a cloud. The fans fell for it hook, line and sinker.

There'll be no rush to get him into the PSG team in that ridiculous league and he'll rest up from the summer there.

I don’t have an issue with him leaving. He’s a good player, but he stank the gaff out for long stretches last year. Has he got quality? Course he has. Is he irreplaceable? Absolutely not. Just look at what Leicester have been doing, and replicate that. My biggest concern is we won’t do that and will spunk the money on the next Bolasie and Sigurdsson instead. That’ll set us back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.