2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlson (Kean...anybody) - it will happen or it won't, If the money is right enough, money always talks and, rightly or wrongly, has the last word.

I'd like to be able to say money might talk, but it doesnt say anything I or The Club want to hear - but that sadly, is not so.
He won't have to walk either, coz its PSG and his mate Neymar, he'll steal Heitinga's bike to ride there.

...and as for 'Talisman' - I've been watch them come and go since Hickson and Collins, they're like buses there's always another one sooner or later.

Richarlson (Kean...anybody) - it will happen or it won't, If the money is right enough, money always talks and, rightly or wrongly, has the last word.

I'd like to be able to say money might talk, but it doesnt say anything I or The Club want to hear - but that sadly, is not so.
He won't have to walk either, coz its PSG and his mate Neymar, he'll steal Heitinga's bike to ride there.

...and as for 'Talisman' - I've been watch them come and go since Hickson and Collins, they're like buses there's always another one sooner or later.

Good post. There has to be a time tho when our better players, actually achieve something here before moving on, otherwise what’s the point? The club in the grand scheme of things, becomes less relevant as each year passes. No one wants that to carry on. Making up the numbers: that’s a crap situation. Boring. Stagnant.

All clubs have lost great players, people talk about the likes of Ronaldo leaving United for Madrid, look at what he achieved tho before going. That’s what I want us to aspire to.

We will miss him for sure but £100m is hilarious money, imagine if we turn it down and he has another 7 goal season like last year. Everton that.
The problem is if we sell him for 100m, its too late to spend, villa have done it perfectly with grealish and bringing Buendia, Bailey and Ings, we will be stuck in the mud and spend stupid money on crap or 40m for zaha.

The problem is if we sell him for 100m, its too late to spend, villa have done it perfectly with grealish and bringing Buendia, Bailey and Ings, we will be stuck in the mud and spend stupid money on crap or 40m for zaha.

Just keep the money and wait till next window or summer. honestly not expecting anything other than mid table this season and I’m pretty sure we can manage that with or without him.

Just keep the money and wait till next window or summer. honestly not expecting anything other than mid table this season and I’m pretty sure we can manage that with or without him.
We don't have to spend all of it at this point, but perhaps Hudson-Odoi or Kulesevski on loan with an option could tide us over for the time being, seeing as we've missed out on Bailey/Cunha/Correa etc. this summer. We're currently a winger light as it is, so losing another key cog would leave us unforgivably short.

For the transfer fee alone you could go out and get Antony and Diaby/Madueke, but selling the project to this calibre of player would be mission impossible at this point imo

It’s better play Kean if we are going to buy Zaha for 40m.
And I really hope if we sell Richy it won't be for anything less than 100m. Just imagine Richy out for 60m and Zaha in for 40...

I'm still wondering, if Mbappe has really said that he wants to Real and Real only, why would they spend 150m on him now

Yes reminds me of Arteta being sold... It would also mean we haven't prepared for his sale. Shambles. Look at Villa they were on the front foot.
Because it's highly likely the Grealish deal was done months ago. The "will he - won't he" charade was just clickbait.

If for whatever reason his sale had fallen through, Villa would have been massively screwed. They have spent hugely over the past 3 years. Almost Koeman levels of recklessness.

If Richarlison goes it will be disappointing. Great player, incredible person and world class kopite piss boiler.

Sell him and dive into relegation fight.
The moment of truth when honeymoon period with Benitez, Gray and Townsend comes to an end.
A club with no ambition :bye:

OK, you are now Moshiri, DBB and Brands all merged into one little elfin body. What would you do to demonstrate your ambition, and how do you react to this situation with PSG?
We're not currently at a level he wants to play at. He could definitely help us get to that level.

Set a price, explain to the player WHY we have set that price. If it's met, he can leave.

I think Everton have played it smart with Richarlison in allowing him his Olympic jaunt. If PSG don't meet the valuation I'd like to think he'd crack on to ensure one of the elite clubs do meet the valuation next summer.

Until we're regularly in the top 6 we're always vulnerable to losing our best players.

Yep Villa bought their players in first at a cheaper price before selling Grealish, but the "Architect" I do not trust Brands to replace Kean never mind our best player Richarlison, been waiting for a right back for two years. Everyone we go for will be adding millions to their fees. Seriously peed off with Everton atm surely we won't sell Ritchie now.
Surely £38million for Beundia isn't a cheaper price?

Richarlison was either leaving this summer or next summer. The problem is how late in the day this is happening.

It strikes me that we have been looking at forwards for just this eventuality. That is why there have been all the rumours about Italian forward players.

If a deal happens, it sorts the FFP issues in a stroke. Gray will play wide left. We will bring in another forward and a right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.