2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurs weren't in a financial mess, the player extended his contract - yes they gambled on it but it worked but financially can we afford that gamble.

And most importantly what Kane offered them by keeping him was worth the risk what Richy offers us isn't imo, sad to say as love the guy BUT Sours sell Kane they cannot replace him or close to doing so and it wouldn't greatly effect their incomings overall in quality just maybe numbers. For us no sale restricts us massively

Spurs had the ability to spend still - we really don't
Kane was also tied into a long term contract, if Richarlison had four years left on his contract we would be in a much stronger bargaining position.

Not sure how true this is about Richy holding out
It's a very good photoshop. People have too much time on their hands.
1652083301221275.jpg

I am a Spurs fan.

God, I hope we get your man. I have always feared him. At Watford. And with you. And I am sure other teams fear him too.

I know there are players with better stats. But what we think we are getting is that ability to change the direction of game by that great tackle or little bit shithousary. In short he is a leader. And Conte is filling his team full of these type of players. No one is going to like playing us. And I love that.

Also it has been rightly pointed out that his defensive work is what appeals. I would not be surprise if we see him playing at wingback in the future.

As for the price, you are willing sellers on a deadline (whether out of choice or not) and that puts you in a weak position. But it feels that Spurs are being helpful to your situation. Offering a lot upfront for him. And then offering good players (despite the comments on here) on good terms in July. And I think that goodwill will get this deal done for Spurs.

I'm not mentally ready to see him in a Spurs shirt.

I just hope that he signs for some weird fee, "He only cost 53.8m with 12.2m performance related bonuses" wouldn't have the same ring to it as 50 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.