2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will absolutely guarantee you we won’t end up paying full amount for Dele
The most ridiculous transfer I've seen us do, in all honesty. He's been finished for over three years, then good old Everton swoop in to take him off Spurs' hands and give them a juicy £30m discount on Richarlison in the process. As David Brent would say: Pathetic.

The most ridiculous transfer I've seen us do, in all honesty. He's been finished for over three years, then good old Everton swoop in to take him off Spurs' hands and give them a juicy £30m discount on Richarlison in the process. As David Brent would say: Pathetic.
Signing Dele in January has zero to do with Spurs signing Richy now, we haven’t even paid the first £10m for Dele anyhow

I know it's a bit silly, and probably due to jealousy or envy, but my initial thought reading this was "Why?"

They are maybe a club on the up, but they are certainly not a club I expect to compete for trophies.

They’re in the Champions League, playing under a world class manager.

We’re fighting relegation with a pretty inexperienced (and at times naive) manager.

Spurs weren't in a financial mess, the player extended his contract - yes they gambled on it but it worked but financially can we afford that gamble.

And most importantly what Kane offered them by keeping him was worth the risk what Richy offers us isn't imo, sad to say as love the guy BUT Sours sell Kane they cannot replace him or close to doing so and it wouldn't greatly effect their incomings overall in quality just maybe numbers. For us no sale restricts us massively

Spurs had the ability to spend still - we really don't
We are in no imminent fincial threat. That is media BS.

Also, what Kane offered Spurs is what Richarlsion offers us: he kept us in the PL this season. So who's the more important player for each club?

Please stop making the case for Levy to rip this club off.

I know it's a step up, but I expected to move to compete for medals

There’s so much appeal to this move for him, not least living in London too.

There’s very little teams with the money needed competing for medals regularly. I expect Spurs to be very competitive with their signings this summer under Conte who’s a serial winner.

We should be looking to move Alli on tbh. I don't think he's what we need right now going through a rebuild.

Yep I'd SELL. Rare opportunity for us to turn a quick, if small, profit.

People are deluding themselves if they think he'll be a star player for us next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.