2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good:​

Tottenham 'won't meet Everton's demands' for Richarlison​

Tottenham Hotspur reportedly won’t meet the asking price Everton have set on Richarlison.

The Blues forward has been heavily linked with a move to Spurs in recent weeks, with a fee in the region of £51million being rumoured.

However, according to reporter David Ornstein, Spurs will not be willing to pay that amount to sign Richarlison this summer.

“Tottenham won’t come to the level of finance that Everton would be looking for at this point,” said Ornstein on The Athletic's Youtube channel.

“But there are a number of people around the game who think that with Everton’s financial position they may, as the window goes on, get squeezed into accepting a lower figure for him, and that’s when Tottenham might feel that they can pounce.

“And when you speak to certain sources around Everton they think this move will end up happening by the end of the transfer window.”

I don’t think anyone pays anywhere near what we want this summer and he stays, leaving us largely hamstrung in the market.

If this happens, with all the players leaving on a free, I would expect us to struggle again. Especially with the signings others look to have made / making already.

I'd keep him until after the world cup anyhow. There will be plenty more suiters willing to outbid spurs if he has a good tournament.
In an ideal world that would work,but as he's in effect " on the market" he's a daily liability,just a twist or turn in pre-season away from injury. The sooner he's gone the sooner in theory we can bring in much needed squad improvements.

If we "have" to sell him, then regrettably Spurs' stance is logical. It would be a shame to have to capitulate and sell to them.

The last thing we should be considering is selling in a January window. Either we sell now or he stays. Selling in the winter window is just asking for trouble
If he ends up staying when he actually wants to leave that could be a nightmare tbh. The last thing we need is a sulky/moody Richarlison hanging around the place it could ruin the entire season, he is key to everything we do. He needs to go now if he wants to go.

If we "have" to sell him, then regrettably Spurs' stance is logical. It would be a shame to have to capitulate and sell to them.
Yeah form there point iof view why would they spend big on a player from a club who have blown all there money and are now stuck by FFP, they have no reason to help us out, likewise we can play hardball like Swansea did and Siggy, if they really want him pay up, if not he stays, either way we come out of it ok

The last thing we should be considering is selling in a January window. Either we sell now or he stays. Selling in the winter window is just asking for trouble
Who says we have to sell him in January. Keep him till next summer. If the world cup drums up enough interest, there will be teams queuing up to pay more than spurs.

It'll be a difficult balancing act,buy his replacement first then run the risk that Spurs know we can't afford to keep hold of him so they wait us out and drop their bid.

If there are no takers for Richarlson at a price of £50m plus, then I don't see the problem with him staying. He's shown that he doesn't know how to give less than 100%, it's not in his nature. A good world cup and he'll still be worth a few bob next summer, and we'll have a got another season out of our best player in years.

Anyway, if he does go into a sulk at not being sold, how on earth will anyone be able to tell the difference? He's not exactly Mr Sunshine even when he scores is he?

I'd carry on with the recruitment assuming the lads staying. We can drum up some funds if we sell Gomes, Mina plus there's the Keane money to come in. That should be enough to strengthen the areas of the team that we need to. I'd certainly not be hanging my hat on the fact that we need to sell Richey to buy, because that's not the case. We have a stronger squad with him in the team than not with cash in the bank.

I'd carry on with the recruitment assuming the lads staying. We can drum up some funds if we sell Gomes, Mina plus there's the Keane money to come in. That should be enough to strengthen the areas of the team that we need to. I'd certainly not be hanging my hat on the fact that we need to sell Richey to buy, because that's not the case. We have a stronger squad with him in the team than not with cash in the bank.
Nobody but nobody will match the money Gomes is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.