2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn’t thrown himself down as much as that for a long time and honestly I think it’s out of pure desperation for us to win. You can see from his celebrations he’s an evertonian, this is a lad that most of us have been disappointed with his attitude when being subbed off in the past but he showed in his reactions he’s an evertonian, no doubt in my mind.

I also think Lampard may have been asking him to try more of the dark arts. Lampard’s most successful spell in his career came playing with Drogba - an absolute brick sh house but a guy who went down more than Richarlison ever has… also won leagues and the champions league playing that way though so you can see why a desperate Frank might use those tactics…

I can’t fault his work rate and passion , it’s the going down too easy at times that’s jarring. We slag off other clubs players for it.

If he used that aggression to stay on his feet more he would be a better player. There is occasions were he is genuinely fouled and then there’s the antics which let himself and us down.

I loved the fact that even though he'd been subbed by that point; when we scored he sprinted round the pitch to join in the celebratory pile-up with the biggest grin on his face

Gave everything last night. Nothing came off for him but couldn't fault his willingness to make something happen.

Think taking Iwobi off would have been the easier call last night, but credit to Lampard for taking Richarlison off as it just wasn't his night.

Work rate is excellent, but he’s no better a actual centre forward than Rondon or Tosun.
He’s easily the most overrated player we have had in a while, I have never seen anyone ever run into players more, he like a good move so easily and often by just trying to run through people and not pass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.