2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will play more central under Lampard mate, hes leading out on the high press and critical to it, if you watch him hes dictating it from from to back.
Rondon was preferred against Borehamwood - even when he came on at HT.

I dont think he's a nine. It might work with Jesus and Neymar on either side of him switching positions regularly, but the classic number 9 role we know cant be done at this club with him.
Why do we need a classic number 9 role?

Why do we need a classic number 9 role?
Well why on earth would a number 9 role be brought up if it wasn't to indicate a classic leading the line number 9? It wasn't put to me that he be used as a false nine or a withdrawn 9.

Think Dave with the team selection Frank was being careful.
Yeah, but Rondon was still the central striker after HT and Richarlison was allowed to drift about a bit.

I just cant see Richarlison ever being a central striker. He's not been able to handle that responsibility in the past and I think his ambition to be a number nine is for personal reasons: he wants more goals on his CV. But that isnt necessarily what's best for us.

Well why on earth would a number 9 role be brought up if it wasn't to indicate a classic leading the line number 9? It wasn't put to me that he be used as a false nine or a withdrawn 9.
He can still play as a number 9, doesn't have to be "classic"

Think he’s more concerned with scoring goals than position. If he has any sense it won’t be lost on him he’s more successful coming in from the left than when he’s played in traditional CF / No9 position in this team.
Not sure he would have got the goal return DCL got last season, nor would DCL have scored most of the goals Richarlison did.
That said if we started playing a bit differently and actually played CF’s in on goal or put balls through where a CF is 1:1 with a defender Richarlison I think would score more than DCL in that sort of attacking play.

He's played 17 games, 4 goals and 3 assists. So he's going to be on for another season where he hits less than 10 if his scoring trend continues.

We need him to be bagging goals on a far more regular basis.
He is a ‘goalscorer,’ but he doesn’t need to be central to score goals or make an impact. Dom is a much better pure striker than Richy. Not sure we have the team to feed him though

Status
Not open for further replies.