2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've said this a few times

For me it's him or DCL I don't think both work

I dont think he's a nine. It might work with Jesus and Neymar on either side of him switching positions regularly, but the classic number 9 role we know cant be done at this club with him.

I would sell DCL over Richarlison every day of the week if it came down to it

Both good at holding up the ball
Both incredibly hard working
Both good in the air though DCL is slightly better
Both good at wining free kicks though Richarlison is better
Both don’t pass enough
Both good at getting on the end of crosses
Richarlison is better at defending from the front
Richarlison is far better at finishing one on one
Richarlison has that talismanic effect that gets the crowd going and raises other player’s performances
Richarlison loves us more

I would sell DCL over Richarlison every day of the week if it came down to it

Both good at holding up the ball
Both incredibly hard working
Both good in the air though DCL is slightly better
Both good at wining free kicks though Richarlison is better
Both don’t pass enough
Both good at getting on the end of crosses
Richarlison is better at defending from the front
Richarlison is far better at finishing one on one
Richarlison has that talismanic effect that gets the crowd going and raises other player’s performances
Richarlison loves us more
we'll never know about the last one but a reasonable summation for the others, both are similar but different, we should be looking at keeping both. It doesn't have to be an either or, all the big clubs have great striker options

we'll never know about the last one but a reasonable summation for the others, both are similar but different, we should be looking at keeping both. It doesn't have to be an either or, all the big clubs have great striker options
I feel the love from him tbh. He’s got his song tattooed on his neck and loves digging into RS on social media

Obviously keeping both would be best but this talk of him wanting to be 9 and us ideally freeing up some cash to sort out our awful defence and central mid, I think one will be sold

I think he will definitely be away this summer, he is getting to the age were he needs to be at a European League team if he is going to fulfill the potential he has. He needs to be playing with top class players in a more fluid system that suits him better than our more regimented approach. We cannot have any ill feeling towards him, he has stuck with us through thin and thinner. Be nice to see him winning the FA Cup before he goes but unfortunately we are closer to winning the Championship than we are to winning anything else.

I don't think Richarlison will stay at the club because we will need a big sale and, after DCL's injury problems this season, I can't see us getting what the club think he is worth. If we could sell DCL for what the club feel is his value, I would say sell him and hope the club would then do all in their power to keep Richarlison. It doesn't just come down to which of them is the better player, Everton as a team are better with Richarlison leading the line.

When DCL plays we, understandably, try to utilize his strengths, his ability in the air and his hold up play when facing his own goals this makes us very predictable, we will either hoof it long towards Dominic, or, we try to get to the byline and put a high cross in for him to attack. When Richarlison plays up front, I feel that our play is much more fluid and varied

For me, In an ideal world we sell Dominic for big money and keep Richarlison, as a second choice we keep Dominic and sell Richarlison for big money, however, in our current position financially, it is more likely that we try to sell both and replace them with cheaper options. Which is not the end of the world, if, the replacements are good young signings who's value will increase.

I dont think he's a nine. It might work with Jesus and Neymar on either side of him switching positions regularly, but the classic number 9 role we know cant be done at this club with him.

I see him as an 8 and a half, kind of like Cahill and similar n being a pest, that or an inside forward.

I see him as an 8 and a half, kind of like Cahill and similar n being a pest, that or an inside forward.
He's fine out on the left and coming in across the opposition backline.

That's how he kicked off life here.

Status
Not open for further replies.