2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't saying you mate, didn't mean it to come across like that, a lot do though.

His numbers were great which is why it's disappointing he hasn't kicked on. I do feel a bit for him, the attacking unit is and has been pish for a while now and without Rich and DCL we'd be knackered.
I agree mate
I also think last season under a defensive coach, didn’t help and the fact he was doing a lot more defensive work to compensate for the likes of James, sig, Gomes

Agree, we get our backs up when interest comes into our players!
In reality, players have a 3 season shelf life.....unless you are elite and winning things!
The thing is, when you refuse a player a move to a bigger club then they will naturally be demotivated. It's just human nature. If you're a player and the team that didn't let you leave starts regressing then it must be a huge demotivator.

Yes, we can say that they earn £100k a week and should be motivated etc. but in reality it doesn't always work like that.

The thing is, when you refuse a player a move to a bigger club then they will naturally be demotivated. It's just human nature. If you're a player and the team that didn't let you leave starts regressing then it must be a huge demotivator.

Yes, we can say that they earn £100k a week and should be motivated etc. but in reality it doesn't always work like that.

It's a two-way thing. I think we should sell any player who wants to leave but that is dependent on a good offer being on the table. We don't know if there were any substantial bids for Richarlison in the last couple of windows. We are only going to sell for a decent markup on what we paid - £55-60m at least I would think, and we would be hoping for more.

We let him go to the OIympics. He owes us.

Think thats whats happened to Lucas Digne, his plan was to be here 2 years max. We either push on like we promised him or he plays for a move to say City.

When the moves never came, he must turn round and think 'well thats my career then'.......From PSG, Roma & Barcelona, to scrapping for mid table with the Toffees! At 28, id be going through the motions too

Think thats whats happened to Lucas Digne, his plan was to be here 2 years max. We either push on like we promised him or he plays for a move to say City.

When the moves never came, he must turn round and think 'well thats my career then'.......From PSG, Roma & Barcelona, to scrapping for mid table with the Toffees! At 28, id be going through the motions too

Disagree with this.

I think Richarlison and Digne are top class players who also have the right mentality.

However, under Ancelotti bar the first couple of months we were focused on defence -- as we currently are under Benitez.

If we were an attacking side playing on the front foot we would see the best of Richarlison and Digne.

Telling Digne to sit back negates the positives to his game, it also mesns less support for Richarlison.

Richarlison is relying on Doucoure running forward along with Gray/Townsend and Gordon to supply him.

Its hardly going to see him hit peak levels. More like peak levels of frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.