2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be murder at the ground if the fans favourite Rondon was dropped for the kidd Simms .It would be like the Blackpool game when Joe Royle played instead of Alex Young.

Looks absolutely lost while isolated up front, it must be soul destroying though. He doesn’t have the required strength or technical ability to hold up the ball against modern premier league diesel-powered centre backs, but then everyone of our strikers is exactly the same bar Calvert Lewin. He’s far better on the left where he might see the ball and a teammate near him.
rest up for the derby Richy

I do think he is hugely overrated I really do. I like him and like what he brings to the side when he's out wide but he doesn't have enough end product to be classed as good as some of the praise he gets.

A few say it but he isn't at the level of a top top team which is where people think he should be. I laugh at £80m valuations, what has he done in a blue shirt to warrant a transfer of that magnitude.

Still he's one of our best players and he at least has a bit of desire to win stuff.

Sorry I'm on one this morning, long posts all over the show.

Whether he's good or not, we'll need to sell either him or DCL for big money to help us do a rebuild next summer.
I can't see anyone paying the type of fess bandied about on here though Mac, he needs to seriously up his output for that. Saying that the poor lad has no support at all currently and he isn't a lone striker.

I can't see anyone paying the type of fess bandied about on here though Mac, he needs to seriously up his output for that. Saying that the poor lad has no support at all currently and he isn't a lone striker.
Depends who’s in for him. The fact he’s a Brazilian striker and playing for a mid table side, while still having good numbers. Should help us get a decent fee. weren’t great last season, good his first 2. And so far he’s missed 60% of this season.

I suppose with so many good players available on free transfers, it will be an interesting summer. There’s talk of PSG. But Mane or salah could be available on pre contracts next January. Transfers are definitely changing, with more players running contracts down. Though you will still get the rich clubs going out and paying the money, like Lukaku, Grealish and sancho

Depends who’s in for him. The fact he’s a Brazilian striker and playing for a mid table side, while still having good numbers. Should help us get a decent fee. weren’t great last season, good his first 2. And so far he’s missed 60% of this season.

I suppose with so many good players available on free transfers, it will be an interesting summer. There’s talk of PSG. But Mane or salah could be available on pre contracts next January. Transfers are definitely changing, with more players running contracts down. Though you will still get the rich clubs going out and paying the money, like Lukaku, Grealish and sancho
I still think post covid is going to see smaller fees. I like Richy he has a lot of good qualities but he's not top tier, his technique is lacking, he doesn't really beat players with speed or dribbling. What he is good at is finishing and yes, he suffers because we don't create much but his all round game is our level I honestly think.

People do get hung up on him being a Brazil striker, if it brings more money great but being Brazils #9 doesn't automatically make you world class.

I hope he stays here but at the same time what the hell are we offering on the field to entice him to reconsider.

He’s a good player but he reminds me of Digne in that they have both dropped off significantly recently.

Two players that were heavily linked with moves away at points. We need to stop holding on to our players at all costs and just sell them when they want to leave and reinvest.
Agree, we get our backs up when interest comes into our players!
In reality, players have a 3 season shelf life.....unless you are elite and winning things!

I still think post covid is going to see smaller fees. I like Richy he has a lot of good qualities but he's not top tier, his technique is lacking, he doesn't really beat players with speed or dribbling. What he is good at is finishing and yes, he suffers because we don't create much but his all round game is our level I honestly think.

People do get hung up on him being a Brazil striker, if it brings more money great but being Brazils #9 doesn't automatically make you world class.

I hope he stays here but at the same time what the hell are we offering on the field to entice him to reconsider.
I never said he was world class because he plays for Brazil, but 30odd caps at 24 says I something. He’s definitely better than mid table in the prem. but I agree about parts of his game you mentioned need improving.

But I also go back to his first 2 seasons at Everton in the prem, taking out pens, he out scored son, firmino, lacazette, Rashford, martial, Jimenez. While playing in 3 different positions, under 3 different mangers. And finishing mid table. The lad is a very good player. Neto, Raphina, and Sarr. Couldn’t get near his numbers in their first seasons. Yet them 3 are seen as 60/70mil players.

You can add St maximum to that as well. Gets 4 goals a season yet he’s worth 60mil

I never said he was world class because he plays for Brazil, but 30odd caps at 24 days something. He’s definitely better than mid table in the prem. but I agree about parts of his game you mentioned need improving.

But I also go back to his first 2 seasons at Everton in the prem, taking out pens, he out scored son, firmino, lacazette, Rashford, martial, Jimenez. While playing in 3 different positions, under 3 different mangers. And finishing mid table. The lad is a very good player. Neto, Raphina, and Sarr. Couldn’t get near his numbers in there first seasons. Yet them 3 are seen as 60/70mil players
I wasn't saying you mate, didn't mean it to come across like that, a lot do though.

His numbers were great which is why it's disappointing he hasn't kicked on. I do feel a bit for him, the attacking unit is and has been pish for a while now and without Rich and DCL we'd be knackered.

Status
Not open for further replies.