2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
0% Shots on target which was the same problem for the whole team last season so it definitely needs work.

The wild fumble he had after rounding the keeper was unforgivable. He had all the time in the world to have a bit of composure to either slot it in himself or pass to DCL. Despite winning, I really hope Ancelottii tears him a new one for that.
Quite right but for a couple of things:

0% Shots on target which was the same problem for the whole team last season so it definitely needs work.

All true except of course for his shot on target:

The wild fumble he had after rounding the keeper was unforgivable. He had all the time in the world to have a bit of composure to either slot it in himself or pass to DCL.

True, but later on he did just that, setting up a lovely chance for Rodriguez in the area, result: also no goal. Meh.
Personally I'd rather our forward attempted to score open goals than not, and with an opponent closing in on goal, why not not take a punt? Far more often than not that goes in. Unusual for him to not get at least one goal from a game with that many chances, could easily have got a hattrick and normally would of got a couple. Played superb and terrorised their defence all day long.

I really hope Ancelottii tears him a new one for that.

I hope he tells him to keep doing what he was doing, because if he does that next game he will defo score some goals and next time he's through from a chance he creates himself, leaves the keeper for dust and takes a shot, I would put money on it going in.

But in summary, apart from your post I totally agree :)

No manager will ever fuss a player for playing his heart out and making a few mistakes. Richy came to play. Maybe the best two way winger in the league.

It didn't work in front of goal for him today, there'll be days like that. All other aspects of his performance were outstanding. He absolutely terrified, not just Docherty , but the whole Spurs defence,but every time he ran at them.

He was immense on Sunday, gave everything.
I love a performance like that.
His work rate was off the scale. With the new lads, our team is going to be very powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.