2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love watching this guy. Bit rusty in front of goal but how he got to that lose ball and then easily rounded Loris was just unbelievable. Squeezing his way out from three spurs players and still nicking the ball away from Hjbg was pure sexy football.

Never ever stops working. Wins headers in our box, holds the ball up, draws foul after foul, wins free kicks......and still has the energy & instinct to get up in attack.

Love him!

0% Shots on target which was the same problem for the whole team last season so it definitely needs work.

The wild fumble he had after rounding the keeper was unforgivable. He had all the time in the world to have a bit of composure to either slot it in himself or pass to DCL. Despite winning, I really hope Ancelottii tears him a new one for that.
So, despite those stats posted above, you focus on one moment?!
OK.....

He seems to have cut out the theatrics which is great, makes it so much easier to like him.

Only negative for me was when he rounded the keeper, if he’s playing left forward he should be looking for that pass to DCL for the simple tap in. he’s been turning more and more greedy since he’s been playing CF and it’s an element of his game I don’t like. This is about the team winning games, not personal glory

0% Shots on target which was the same problem for the whole team last season so it definitely needs work.

The wild fumble he had after rounding the keeper was unforgivable. He had all the time in the world to have a bit of composure to either slot it in himself or pass to DCL. Despite winning, I really hope Ancelottii tears him a new one for that.

Wasn't he off balance after going round the keeper? I reckon he should have attempted the shot instead of going round Lloris but there's a touch of hindsight there.

I'd deffo give him the benefit of the doubt about the tumble though.

Wasn't he off balance after going round the keeper? I reckon he should have attempted the shot instead of going round Lloris but there's a touch of hindsight there.

I'd deffo give him the benefit of the doubt about the tumble though.
Yeah he was off balance but I don't think he realised how much time he had. The keeper was down and the only defender was on the line so he had plenty of time to stop and either play the pass or take a more controlled shot.
Obviously easier said than done under the pressure having sprinted 60 yards to make the chance but when you're one of the best players on the pitch, fans expect those chances to be taken.
Screenshot_20200914-102055_YouTube.jpg

If you have a striker that scores goals (DCL, yesterday), it's ok if your winger misses a couple of chances, as they sometimes do. A striker that scores goals will cover a multitude of sins. That is why it is by far the most important job for a striker.

Honestly though, what Richarlison was doing to Doherty for the last half hour was cruel and frankly hard to watch at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.