2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess he will stay one more season and then be allowed to leave if the right offer is made, that was probably part of the agreement to let him go to the Olympics.

However, Madrid and Ancelotti may not be prepared to wait for that season and will want him now. Ancelotti will be under serious pressure very quickly if results are not good there.
The sale of Varane and a couple of others will free up some money.... but they are not going to get him cheap.
At least our FFP woes would disappear if he were sold but I would like to see him spend that extra season here at least, his value is going up rather than down

I absolutely don’t want him to go, but I do wonder if there’s a little bit of unrest for him when you consider; he was Brazil’s no. 9 in the Copa, he’s there no. 9 and current leading goal scoring of the Olympics.

then he comes back to Everton and is asked to play “out of position” on the left wing.

I absolutely don’t want him to go, but I do wonder if there’s a little bit of unrest for him when you consider; he was Brazil’s no. 9 in the Copa, he’s there no. 9 and current leading goal scoring of the Olympics.

then he comes back to Everton and is asked to play “out of position” on the left wing.
Hardly even left wing, was playing as a left midfielder a lot of last season and being asked to do a lot of the defensive side of that position first. He’s good playing as an inside forward off the left but he’s definitely not a left midfielder.
We’re really quite top heavy with goal scorers, Richie, DCL and Kean are all top quality finishers we’ve got zero creativity in the midfield creating chances for these guys though. If we could get a similar level of creativity to match these guys finishing we’d be a good team. That midfield has been so far off for so long though and not seeing much in the way of improving it.

Hardly even left wing, was playing as a left midfielder a lot of last season and being asked to do a lot of the defensive side of that position first. He’s good playing as an inside forward off the left but he’s definitely not a left midfielder.
We’re really quite top heavy with goal scorers, Richie, DCL and Kean are all top quality finishers we’ve got zero creativity in the midfield creating chances for these guys though. If we could get a similar level of creativity to match these guys finishing we’d be a good team. That midfield has been so far off for so long though and not seeing much in the way of improving it.
We really are a weird squad atm, I’ve seen people suggest playing a front 3 of Kean, DCL & Rich but I just don’t see how that could function. Plenty of firepower, no creativity.

Looking good for top scorer so far. Fingers crossed the France score stays the same as they’ll be out and gignac can’t add to his four goals.

Hopefully will have an excellent season. A hard working player who will be difficult to replace and I think he will be sold next summer. Which is understandable for him to try champions league. What will do my head in is we know this now and need to find a suitable replacement unlike what we did with the lukaku fiasco

Top heavy with goal scorers? Not sure about that - we need more.

Are DCL and Kean ‘top quality finishers’ DCL didn’t score outside the 6 yard box last season and Kean is still an unknown quantity at Prem level.

Top heavy with goal scorers? Not sure about that - we need more.

Are DCL and Kean ‘top quality finishers’ DCL didn’t score outside the 6 yard box last season and Kean is still an unknown quantity at Prem level.
Richarlison was hardly prolific last season either.

Our problem is more a lack of creativity than finishing.
We started the season well and somewhere along the way we seemed to forget that we have a centre forward who can score headed goals.

He played left wing at the Copa

He can be just as effective coming in off the left as through the middle. He is able to play both and should be used in both depending on what system we play and the opposition. The most important thing is making sure that wherever he plays, he can get into the 6 yard box.

People who don’t like Richie, need to go and give their heads a wobble. The lad is pure class.

I don’t dislike him as a person but lets not pretend that he wasn’t objectively dreadful for an entire season.

Slotting against bums in the Olympics isn’t going to suddenly fill me with hope that he’s going to become boss all of a sudden next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.